Search results

1. D

green wood source for chair parts

Hello everyone, I was wondering if you all had recommendations for sawmills, firewood dealers, or lumber yards that are wiling to sell greenwood to hobbyists for chair making (for legs, spindles). I'm just getting started, so open to whatever species I typically see recommended (white and red...
  2. D

White pine blanks source

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, as I am in the market for the same! Elia Bizzarri lists Hancock Forest Products as a source for pine seat blanks on his site. He notes that he's never ordered from them (they're also in CT so there'd be shipping involved). Closer to home maybe, Steve Wall...
  3. D

Sharpening a Curved scraper

I'm looking forward to trying Galbert's method. It's different from the way that Chris Schwarz recommends sharpening these. I've had some (moderate) success with Schwarz's approach (which has more to do with my limited experience) but I like the idea of not using water stones.
  4. D

Where to Buy Used Clamps

I certainly need F clamps, and would like to get some aluminum bar clamps (like the ones you're describing) to have lighter clamps for setting up since I work by myself. Appreciate all of the helpful feedback, everyone!
  5. D

Where to Buy Used Clamps

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting to the forum but I've benefitted a lot from reading it. I am just getting started and building out my shop, and I was wondering if any of you had recommendations on places to shop for used and/or vintage clamps. I have a decent handful of pipe clamps...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS