Search results

1. K

Wanted: Set of Holdfasts

Looking for a couple of holdfasts for a small bench that I am putting together.
  2. K

Roof flashing repair

Anyone have experience with roofing contractors in the Greensboro area? I've been inspecting our roof and I'm thinking that we will need to have all of the step flashing replaced on two dormers and a couple of other transition areas. May be more cost effective to replace the entire roof...
  3. K

Linear Shower Drain

Anyone have experience with linear shower drains? I recently moved into a home and our shower has one installed. It appears to show signs of some clogging and I was hoping to pull up the piece of tile that is centered over it, but it looks like it is caulked onto something. I'd like to pull...
  4. K

ISO used No. 7 or No. 8 hand plane

Looking for a used, fair to good condition, No. 7 or No. 8 plane for beginner level use. Preferably something that does not need a lot of refurbishment.
  5. K

Best wood for making a cutting board

What types of wood are best for making cutting boards?
  6. K

Intro from Greensboro

Hello, I've actually been registered for a few months now, but haven't formally introduced myself. I was introduced to woodworking as a child, in that my father was a carpenter by trade, and also in his spare time worked on small projects, such as the family swing or the occasional end table...
  7. K

URLS for making dovetails

Requesting any helpful URLs for instructions on making dovetails. Thanks in advance.
  8. K

Ideas for first workbench

I'm looking to build my first workbench, but wanting to start a little simple. Any good website/tutorial recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
  9. K

Old Hand Plane

My father was a carpenter by trade for most of his adult life. He passed away in 2019 so as the family began to go through his workshop, we came across some of his old tools. It appears this plane has seen many more moons than I have, but I'm not sure how old this is. I actually don't...
  10. K

My quarantine project

Just wanted to share Hello, I'm very new to woodworking, but I wanted to share the small project that I did during stay-at-home in the spring. Yes, it has flaws all over the place, but the thing I'm most proud of is that it was the first piece I built where the only metal used are the screws...
  11. K

New to bench planes

Hello, I’m new to using a bench plane, so I figured I’d first work on sharpening. I bought a double sided water stone; 200/1000 grit, and I fixed a 4in wide piece of leather to a piece of flat wood. I’m starting with flattening the back, but I’m thinking that the combination of 1000 stone with...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS