Search results

1. G

Best joints for plywood

Im using 3/4 inch baltic birch plywood to make some bookshelves, and I wanted to use joinery instead of pocket screws. I've been looking at different types of rabbets, and wondered if anyone had suggestions on which would be better between: 1) half blind rabbet/lock joint, 2) double rabbet, or...
  2. G

Experiments in Epoxy

A while ago I posted a thread asking questions on epoxy (how to, what kind, etc). Well, I got some epoxy and "made the things" with it! I used some resin I found on Amazon, which I'm not sure is the "best" because I've only had experience with the one brand, but it wasn't expensive. First...
  3. G

Epoxy Anyone?

Does anyone here have experience in using epoxy? I've got a few project ideas and not sure where to start. I've browsed youtube and found that "Total Boat" and "EcoPoxy" seem to be popular amongst woodworking youtubers, and Amazon has all kinds of brands. My first project is to "fix" my poorly...
  4. G

Wanted: Table Saw and/or Table Planer

Hello All, I am looking to build out a shop on a budget. Im just getting more into woodworking , and could use a table saw and planer. I've seen them on craigslist and facebook market place for between $150-$250 each depending on various things like condition/brand/etc. I'd be interested in...
  5. G

Dealing with Rotting Door Jamb

I currently have a problem where my pine door jamb has started to rot through. I've had several contractors quote a replacement of around $950 for time and materials, but wanted to know if replacing an exterior door was a thing I could do myself. The door I would buy is pre-hung, and is most...
  6. G

Padauk and Curly Maple

Hello All! Im curious if there are any tips or things I should know about using Curly Maple and Padauk. I am looking at building a tabletop with the two of them similar to this (link is to an ebay listing, but best picture to describe what I want to do. Im not selling anything and it doesn't...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS