Search results

1. D

Any Lictenberg (Fractal burning) Woodworker Raleigh/Durham Area

Thank you for the laser engraver suggestion, hadn't thought of that.
  2. D

Thank you for this info, I am aware of the risks, was not aware of the AAW ban, good to know.
  3. D

Looking for a skilled lichtenberg woodworker in the Raleigh/Durham area to help finish a picture frame design I'm working on. Willing to travel a bit outside the Triangle as well. Frame is for a concert poster that features tree branches along the outsides of the poster. Adding fractal burning...
  4. D

Stiffening Long Span of Plywood

That's a really good idea! Thanks, had not thought of going with different materials - stuck on "what I have on hand", but I think this might be a better way to go for sure.
  5. D

Stiffening Long Span of Plywood

Looking to fabricate a laminate countertop to "float" over a washer/dryer in a laundry closet. The top will span approximately 77" resting on cleats on 3 walls. In trying to keep this as light as possible, I'm planning to use 3/4" plywood but have not figured out the best way to stiffen the...
  6. D

Opinions on Upcoming Sale of Table Saw Sale

Good to know, thank you!
  7. D

I am in N Raleigh, Bayleaf Church area around Six Forks, Possum Track, and Raven Ridge roads. Happy to talk to you more about the saw if you're interested. PM me if so....
  8. D

Ya know, I hadn't even thought of that at all, great suggestion! I don't see why it wouldn't. Might require some further mods to old saw but that's how I got the 36" on there. More I think about this, I can just keep the old one around while assembling the new one and seeing what does and...
  9. D

You're spot on about not getting back upgrade $$! I am less concerned about that than I am just being able to sell the saw at all. Keeping the router table and SS fence would save me some $ on the new SS purchase but especially where the rails are concerned, it isn't really that much at all...
  10. D

I'm planning to upgrade my current table saw and will be selling what I have today. It's a Jet Contractor saw with several upgrades. Upgrades include: -Sawstop 36" T-Glide Fence/Rails with the phenolic extension table -Bench Dog cast iron inline router table and fence -Jet left cast iron wing...
  11. D

Narex Chisel Set question

I am working through the sharpening process of a brand new set of Two Cherries by Kirschner. For what I paid for these, and the reviews they have, I can't state how disappointed I am in the steel, or at least the construction of the steel on these things. Every single one in the set has required...
  12. D

Powermatic 6" Jointer (raleigh CL) - $200 (GONE)

Saw that one, it's too large for my small shop, the other Powermatic might also have been too large. I probably really need a bench top, just not sure which one I should go for. Thanks
  13. D

Powermatic 6" Jointer (raleigh CL) - $200 (GONE)

Geez, I was on c-list most of the morning looking for jointers, never saw that one and it appears to be gone now.
  14. D

Plywood for Beach Garage Cabinets?

I think the Columbia Forest stuff is what I am going to go with for this project. It's a garage, don't want to spend more than I need to on this one. Thanks!
  15. D

That's great info, and makes perfect sense. Thanks for sharing!
  16. D

We've got sound front place on Topsail Island. Not having any issues with regular old box store plywood I used for shelving so I'm guessing regular plywood would be fine if either painted or sealed. I'd prefer to not use marine plywood - heavy and as you said, overkill.
  17. D

I've read so many conflicting, or at best confusing, bits of information on the best type of plywood to use for cabinets that will be mounted in a garage at the coast. The garage has HVAC but it is NOT always on. At times the doors are open and the area is exposed to extreme heat and humidity...
  18. D

Wanted - 12" or larger bandsaw

Alex, have you sold your band saw? If not, I may be interested. I don't have permission to PM yet....

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS