Search results

1. Grit12Gauge

Made plans but new to woodworking and need help with joints

I’m new to woodworking and have a novice skill set. I had an awesome idea pop in my head, so I watched YouTube and learned how to use sketch up. I made the piece but not sure if the base of this “dresser” type piece will work. HELP!!! Do these joints make sense and how should I attack this?
  2. Grit12Gauge

Hollow Chisel Mortiser or Domino Jointer

I enjoy the challenge of cutting and making mortise and tenons by hand, but I’m a perfectionist and I have a lot of slop in the joints. I would love to be able to make perfect M&T joints and have looked into a stand alone hollow chisel mortise machine and a festool domino jointer. I know both...
  3. Grit12Gauge

Rough Sawn Lumber near Fayetteville

Table Saw✔️ Planer✔️ Hand Planes✔️ Router✔️ Sander✔️ Wood✖️ I am like a kid on Christmas. Tools are in, tuned and ready to go. All I need is some material. I am looking for some rough sawn hardwood lumber near Fayetteville/Hope Mills area.
  4. Grit12Gauge

Jointer then Planer or vice versa?

Working on purchasing more equipment for my shop and initially I wanted to get a jointer then a planer. First off, is this the correct purchase order? After doing countless hours of YouTube research and not finding answers, I ask the question.... do I really need a planer if I’m getting a...
  5. Grit12Gauge

New Chisel Sharpening?

New to woodworking and just received my first set of chisels. I purchased a 4 piece Stanley sweetheart set. They are relatively sharp out of the box, but am I suppose to flatten the back and sharpen these chisels as soon as I get them?
  6. Grit12Gauge

Beginning Young Woodworker in NC

Hello all! James Pearce, 26, from Greenville NC now living in Hope Mills NC. I have recently gained immense interest into woodworking and have started to fill my shop with tools. I started woodworking by turning high quality baseball bats and actually sold some to minor league ball players. I am...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors