Search results

1. T

Screw Size Symbol Help

Thank you all for the help! I had found the symbol with the slash online but since it was different I didn't want to assume. My 4yr old managed to get 3 of the 5 screws off with a screwdriver "somewhere in the yard" so I do have two left to reference.
  2. T

Screw Size Symbol Help

I am looking to replace some lost screws on a plastic ride on toy. The manual shows a Phi symbol on the line item and I am not sure what that means or how to get that to be the sizes I would find at a box store. I attached the screen shot of it since I can't add the symbol in text. Can anyone...
  3. Screenshot_20230403-105522_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20230403-105522_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

4. T

"SOLD": Maple Veneer

Assuming they will fit in my car (4ft wide roll?), I am driving from Hickory to Jacksonville, NC this Monday and back on Friday and back again Sunday/Friday the week following. If that opens the door for someone who wants it I would be happy to Pony Express it along my route. I usually take I40...
  5. T

Bandsaw Blade Ticking

I appreciate all the help! It does not appear to be a weld issue but I do see a slight twist in the blade. The blade is a Starrett Duratec 1/2in. I applied more tension and the noise was reduced. This had me think I didn't have the tension correct so I took a step back and started over. I...
  6. T

Bandsaw Blade Ticking

I have a Rikon 10-324 for a few years now but have only used it a few times. I finally took the stock bade off and installed a new blade I bought around the same time I purchased the saw. I am still trying to get familiar with the adjustments and tensioning and have ended up with a ticking...
  7. T

Woodworking machines lot - $3,500 (Asheville) GONE

And maybe for more money. I saw this one yesterday and was tempted to buy it and sell the pieces I did not want.
  8. T

Powermatic 8" Jointer Model 60 - $750 GONE

Not mine Older Model 60 - 8" Jointer. One owner - Runs good though not used much during last 20 years. All original. 1.5 horse power - single phase 115 Volt. Tables will need to be adjusted when relocated. Needs it (now) since last moved (4 years ago). I can no longer see well enough to do it...
  9. T

The Saga Continues - Look at post #13 Hot water heater help

I had the same issue with my HTC brand around the two year old mark. One of the elements went bad and shorted to be always on which made the thermostat unable to control it. Replaced both elements under warranty and all was well.
  10. T

White Oak boards for Sale above Wilkesboro

What is the length of the longest board?
  11. T

Dust Collector Room Size Question

I assumed he meant square inches. 440sqft would be one big register!
  12. T

Used Chainsaws

This doesn't answer your question but you can also rent a 20in saw from HD or Sunbelt for about $70 a day. Some rental places will let you rent over the weekend for a one day charge for items without an hour meter. If you can plan ahead the infrequent use it may work out for you. At least you...
  13. T

Thank you for the information!
  14. T

Searching for an answer to a question and this thread is related. I am planning to put the duct collector of my future shop in its own room outside of the shop. Because of this does the micron level or the bag/filter even matter? If it does not then I will pay for HP and not better filters.
  15. T

Pine Logs

Thank you both for your input. I will probably offer them up to my neighbor for his firepit.
  16. T

Pine Logs

I just removed three pine trees on my property with a backhoe and cut off the stumps. They are about 13in in diameter at the base and 13ft+ to where I cut the tops off (about 8in+ diameter). Any suggestions on what to do with them? Cut them up as outside firewood? I doubt they are worth milling...
  17. T

Ridgid Oscillating Belt Sander - $120 (West Clayton) GONE

Thanks for this tip Henry. I too saw these listings and gave an eye roll when there was no number posted. The opportunities I have missed...
  18. T

Kiln dried cherry, walnut, maple etc. (Catawba)

Not mine. https://hickory.craigslist.org/mat/d/catawba-kiln-dried-cherry-walnut-maple/7394447916.html
  19. T

NC Sales Tax Exemptions

Interested in the answer. I thought the exemption was just labor on a capital improvement like it was prior to 2017 but I am also not sure.
  20. T

Decent price ?

He said he got it from work and I believe it was something about odd sizes. I dont think he works there anymore but he did say he paid less than he is charging so he is making money. I guess he is only advertising on Facebook Marketplace but sounds like he wants to get rid of it all. He had more...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS