Search results

1. J

Routing advice

OK, thanks. I wasn't going to epoxy at all if I could get away with it but it sounds like I should to stabilize it.
  2. J

Routing advice

Hi all, I have a chunk of wood from an old beam from a barn. I want to route it out this end of it and make a cigar ashtray. Can I route it with that crack or should I fill it with epoxy first?
  3. J

Mounting a barnwood beam

Excellent! That's why I write it up!
  4. J

Mounting a barnwood beam

Thanks! Hopefully someone finds it useful.
  5. J

Mounting a barnwood beam

About a month ago I asked where I could find a barnwood beam. I ended up using The Barn Side of a Broad in Garner. Debbie was great and found me a fantastic beam. I replaced my old mantel with it this weekend and wrote up a how-to. Check it out: Mounting a floating barn beam mantel
  6. J

According to my wife ...

I feel stupid doing it but with the ER bills and followup visits ... I setup a gofundme for a sawstop.
  7. J

According to my wife ...

I'm thinking of starting a gofundme to get a sawstop "Save my fingers!" :)
  8. J

According to my wife ...

I take picture of my wound every day. I'm going to figure out a good way to display them and post here. Maybe the powers that be will pin that post.
  9. J

According to my wife ...

There wasn't enough flesh and skin remaining to stitch mine closed. There are two dissolving stitches deep down then just an open wound. The doctor had to cut out some of the mangled meat in my thumb before wrapping it up. I don't think I'm avoiding a scar.
  10. J

According to my wife ...

Yeah, unfortunately, that only works if you use it. Odds are I'd do something without thinking and bounce a finger off the blade. I've had two injuries and have made thousands of cuts. Statistically, I didn't hurt myself.
  11. J

According to my wife ...

The ones in my middle finger haven't regenerated
  12. J

According to my wife ...

Yup. I enjoy the comedy that is me trying to pick up a pill with my left hand. I can't feel half the tip of my midle finger so things get interesting.
  13. J

According to my wife ...

It will take a few months. It's deep (to the bone) and saws rip instead of slice so there's a lot of stuff that has to regrow. I went through this same injury with a finger. It's no fun.
  14. J

According to my wife ...

yup. I hit my middle finger a few years ago. Got lucky both times. No bone damage; just gruesome wounds.
  15. J

According to my wife ...

I only got 2 internal stitches. There wasn't enough flesh/skin for external ones.
  16. J

According to my wife ...

It's just a flesh wound.
  17. J

According to my wife ...

... my table saw is for sale.
  18. J

Barn beam

Thanks everyone!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors