Search results

1. huckster

For Sale, Jet 6" Long Bed Woodworking Jointer, Model No. JJ-6CS

Hello Jim, I'm interested, sent you message here, thanks.
  2. huckster

CL - antique hand wood hand planes

Some look good https://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/d/raleigh-fifty-one-antique-wood-body/7695981101.html
  3. huckster

Scroll saw $50 (SOLD)

Hello, I'm interested in the scroll saw, thanks
  4. huckster

CNC machine

I came across this out on the interwebs.... https://hackaday.com/2018/08/28/a-cnc-woodworking-tool-that-does-the-hard-parts/
  5. huckster

12' Dowel, or 12' Curtain Rod? 2-3" diameter

So, I'm envisioning a curtain rod that would extend from wall to wall in front of the picture window of my home. I'll make the brackets that go to the walls, but the key component will be a curtain rod. I do wonder what thickness and which wood species would be most favorable for the task, i.e...
  6. huckster

Thanks Henry, I'll ping CCL and ask. They didn't keep such an animal in stock when I went by there. I'm pretty happy with their lumber and prices especially for being near Raleigh.
  7. huckster

Wow, this is a cool provider. I'm guessing shipping will be a lot. Thank you.
  8. huckster

Hey all, Anyone know where to get a longer than usual curtain rod? ~Huckster
  9. huckster

What's the best material for interior trim work?

I probably will make my own and presently poplar is probably first choice. I've not decided on a design though. I've never used mdf in the house. I suppose it would last longer if it were at least primed on all sides to avoid water problems. I like southern yellow pine, not all the Blowes carry...
  10. huckster

What's the best material for interior trim work?

Howdy all, So, in the realm of 'it's going to be painted anyway', What is the best material to use for door molding (trim), window (trim), baseboard etc? I'd prefer it not be some finger jointed crap soft wood. Do folks just use MDF and get on with it? I'll certainly be running it on the router...
  11. huckster

Old Beams

Yes, that's interesting, perhaps they're glazed too? sorry-j/k about that. For the sake of argument could not a more recently harvested log/beam of the same wood species be acquired for a cheaper price? I mean Capitalism is pretty good, but do folks pay that much for patina? ~H
  12. huckster

Old Beams

I noticed this on CL https://raleigh.craigslist.org/fuo/5999106607.html I'm a bit dubious but thought to mention them here.
  13. huckster

Experiences using GlideCote on table saw surfaces

Hello All, Just was wondering what folks thought about this product. How well does it protect against rusting etc? Bostik GlideCote Table & Tool Surface Sealant ~H
  14. huckster

Using Powermatic 66 TS with spliter, pawels and guard assembly

Hah. LOL, I think it was by removing the clunky guard and pawels that I was able to allign the splitter at all. It would be a real bear with all that installed and flopping about. I still have to attach it back.
  15. huckster

I tell you what. I took me a solid hour with the dial indicator to get the rear and front of the oem splitter aligned to the blade. The splitter is .070 and the blade material is .100 and I'd had the entire thing disassembled to clean and lube. Shark guard looks pretty good. I don't think it...
  16. huckster

Thanks all for the input and help with clarification. I didn't think that a moving riving knife was an option for a powermatic 66 tablesaw. Yes, setting up the splitter is and looks to be a bit of a perpetual chore and unless it's accurately aligned looks to be more of problem maker than a helper.
  17. huckster

Considering PM 66 fold up outfeed table

> My top is melamine-faced particle board edged in oak on a lumber sub structure. Cool. So did you have to laminate that piece together? i.e. melamine to some substrate or did you buy it already glued etc? ~Huck
  18. huckster

Howdy all, I was wondering if anyone reading has experience with using the pm 66 splitter and guard assembly. While this is obviously the older design, the whole guard assembly is clunky. The splitter is thinner metal than the later pm2000 splitter and it also is stationary on the table. The...
  19. huckster

Considering PM 66 fold up outfeed table

Howdy all! So, I like this guys basic design here: http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/videos/my-new-outfeed-table/ see the note at the bottom of the site "old outfeed table" It's basic and functional and I need something that folds down from time to time. I'm just wondering what would be a...
  20. huckster

Ideas on best place to buy 4" dust collector hose?

I'm liking this idea, thanks. I may head over to Habitat as they have good raw materials, typically. ~Huckster

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors