Search results

1. M

Which Air Compressor Quieter?

Depends, what do you want to do with it? Oil compressors are usually quiter than oil-less. Now do you want something that is mobile, able to carry, or sits in one place? I have 2 compressors. 1 60gallon for the heavy stuff and 1 6gallon pancake compressor for small air guns and tires...
  2. M

Looking at Air Compressors

Do have a picture of your current one? Also who made the compressor? If its a oil one then try and find a rebuild kit for it and freshen it up. The tank just take the compressor/motor off and spray the inside out with oil and drain to clean it up. Then re-paint the outside. I have a...
  3. M

Kreg Screws 5000 Count Around $30+ @Sears - More than 1/2 off Amazon

Use coupon code SEARS2011 for another $5 off if spending less than enough for free shipping.
  4. M

Hidden screw systems for decks and wet PT lumber

Every time I tried to dry PT wood it twist/warps like crazy. Never tried the KDAT stuff and did not even know about it till someone here in the past brought it up. Is the PT stuff at Lowes/HD just that bad or is it just hard to control the drying with the chemicals and wetness level they have?
  5. M

Hidden screw systems for decks and wet PT lumber

Have you checked to see if there are yards near you that sell dried PT wood? I know HD/Lowes sells it wet but there are others that stock the dry stuff. Not sure of the cost differance.
  6. M

Need good source for Cell Phone Batteries.

Either get a OEM one from a cell phone store or just buy the cheapest from eBay. Even the "name" brand ones at eBay and amazon, as you found out, are usually fake/junk.
  7. M

Wood Magazine Subscription Started

Yep got mine today as well.
  8. M

Any Regrets Over A Grizzly Jointer Purchase?

I have a 8" shopfox, same as G0490 gizzly, and only problem I had was the motor was not wired correct at the factory. I checked everything but that as it was numbered wires, how could they get that wrong. After that it has been great. Its my first jointer so hard to comprae to others but have...
  9. M

Sanity check: 1" pex for residential

I have 3 bathrooms and a large kitchen and my main line is a thick wall 1/2" copper that comes in my house and is split between 2 3/4" lines and I have no issues with 2 bathrooms and kitchen running. Either you have supply issues or something other than the line is slowing it down. Get rid of...
  10. M

They are Back- 10% off Coupons at Lowes

I just buy 5-10 every several months from eBay for about $1 each shipped.
  11. M

shop insulation

You can use the baffles all the way up. Just start them at the top so if any leaks happen the water drains down and not into the insulation. After that then install the insulation as normal. I did this at my BiLs house. We also put some aluminum foil on first then the baffle but not sure how...
  12. M

Any NCWWs a home appraiser??

Yea problem is a lot of that falls under general maintaince. If the heat pump was not replaced was it not working or would the old one be so old it hurt the value? Bad windows would reduce the price so yea you put in windows but would the old ones have hurt. etc... Me and my wife just...
  13. M

Any NCWWs a home appraiser??

What is the address and have you looked at zillow and those type sites? Also, like cars, upgrades rarly payoff as well as people think. Many can actually hurt the value. That and over building compared to other houses in the area. What price was given and how far off do you think it is?
  14. M

Rigid 18ga and 23ga nailer for $79 maybe $59

Been looking for a good 18ga nailer and saw HD had a Rigid 18ga and 23ga kit for $99. Came back and it was $79 so i used a 10% off lowes coupon and bought it. SD had this posted back but I missed it and some are at $59. http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2509999 The 18ga shoots...
  15. M

Wood Mag. $3.99 yr

You can sign up for up to 4 years at the $3.99 rate. Thanks
  16. M

Finishing Oak Stair Treads

Yea I am making my own tread right now, maple not oak. Poly was the only thing to go through my mind for final finish. I will probabel use a semi-gloss. Will have to do a couple samples and then let the wife say. :)
  17. M

Shaper vs Router Table

For me a shaper offers more options, larger table, and usually the cutters can be sharpened. I have a 3hp Grizzly but no router table. I do have the bit so I can run router bits in it. I also have 3 routers for hand work. Biggest reason I got my shaper was a good router table was going to...
  18. M

Replace shower

Got pics? What is the shower made of? Tile?
  19. M

Lumber - where do you buy it from and why?

I try and buy from local sawyers. Found 1 here in VA and went and bought 1 board but will go back now that my house addiation is done. Quality, price, and distance are probable the big things people look for. Also getting the word out so you are known. I would never have found most places...
  20. M

Exotic Woods

Yep bought 200Bf of Wenge from them once. Very helpful but I remember they had a min order, but my 200 Bf order was over that for that type of wood.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS