Search results

1. L

A bowsaw for the raffle.

Thank you very much. I will be contacting them.
  2. L

A bowsaw for the raffle.

I would like to make one of these with the thin blade. Would you please tell me the source for the hardware for this saw? Thank you
  3. L

How Tightly Should Biscuits Fit?

I have a biscuit cutter that I bought 22 years ago and it is still as sharp and as good a cutter as new. Also, my tools are in my garage shop all year round and I have never had biscuits swell up so that they would not slip right into the cut slot. The problem discussed here seems strange to me.
  4. L

Hello from SC

Where along the border? I am 2 miles from the SC border - due south of Monroe.
  5. L

Some hand tools and benches

Yup, still don't know how to get it to work
  6. L

Some hand tools and benches

These are a few pics of my demo gear just to see if I know how to send pictures.
  7. L

Planer will not feed boards through

I would like to thank everyone for all your tips and information. I would like to answer your questions starting with the first. --- The rollers are turning well and are not slipping. I have cleaned the rollers but have never waxed the bottom plate. Will spray Pledge or something like that do...
  8. L

Planer will not feed boards through

I have a Delta 22-560 that is over 20 years old and only been used a very few times over the years. It looks new and everything is OK except that it will not feed. The problem is the in-feed roller. It looks alright and is clean of resin, but it seems slick and very solid. I can't remember...
  9. L

Jane Austen’s writing desk

I almost bought a fantastic camera package (3 lenses, case, and all the goodies for great photos, etc.) a little over a year ago when it was on sale for close-out of that model for about $350 to $400, but my wife was not happy with the idea i.e. "You'll never use it" etc. Well, I didn't get it...
  10. L

Jane Austen’s writing desk

I have made a lot of lap desks for friends in Rev War Reenacting in the past but not as neat as this one. I like the brass post support and the reverse side set-up when opened. The catch for the section holding paper is simple but practical. Most of the simple desks did not have a closed...
  11. L

A little assist with changing my Avatar

I have tried files such as pictures, documents, my pictures and my documents. I click on choose file to get the image here. When I click on the named image and then click on open, it still reads "no items matched your search" when trying to send it to this site.
  12. L

Favorite YouTube Woodworker?

Wooden water buckets were always a puzzle to me as to how to get them together. I have learned how it's all done by watching Woodwright's Shop and this fine video of Traditional Cooper George Smithwick. I can now make the bucket parts, or take apart buckets to repair them and reassemble a now...
  13. L

A little assist with changing my Avatar

I need to add a photo also. I have lots of pictures on my computer, however, I don't even know what an avatar is. When I try as per instructions given I get "No file matches your description"
  14. L

Newbie from Monroe

Welcome Rick. I am in Monroe also and just joined two days ago. Please see my intro on Who We Are under 19th Century Woodworking. (sent a conversation start but I don't know if I did it right - not too computer savvy.
  15. L

19th Century Woodworking tool display and demos

I have been enjoying woodworking for over a long period of years and have just about any power tool that one could want with all the many other tools and gadgets that that make up a woodshop (along with a large library on all things working with wood and a complete collection of the New Yankee...
  16. L

Wheelwright's Magic

I have a lot of Woodwright's Shop videos in sets of 10 that were going cheap at Popular Woodworking's site a couple of years ago ($10). I don't think you can find them anymore, however, You Tube has a complete selection of every episode from season 1 to present that you can watch. Simply look...
  17. L

What is that? A tool he asked?

I have been firing Flintlocks for over 40 years. Wanting to ensure a good fire when the pan ignites I have long been using a 1/8 inch bit to just drill out the touch hole a little larger on muskets. For hunting rifles a smaller bit, but larger than the touch hole, also works well. Keeping...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors