Search results

1. SabertoothBunny

Burls

Any have burl or burl caps available? Someone I will be seeing someone this weekend is looking for species with the more spikey caps, species like maple, buckeye or manzanita.
  2. SabertoothBunny

Posting to get corporate membership

SO, been in this group since 2019 now but never posted a formal intro. The system won't let me be a full blown corporate member unless I post here, hence this post.
  3. SabertoothBunny

Looking for a plan....

Woodcraft magazine posted a plan for a pen stand that looks worthwhile. Does anyone have a current subscription and have access to this plan? I am not sure if it is worth $20+ for a subscription to a magazine that usually doesn't provide enough value for me to get this one plan...
  4. SabertoothBunny

NOVA 1624 Lathe

Not Mine. Someone is selling a NOVA 1624 II lathe with accessories. If you’re looking for solid lathe to start turning this is worth looking at. The asking price is a little high but the poster appears willing to negotiate. https://www.facebook.com/share/SFe6TAK2gt8kDZTX/?mibextid=79PoIi
  5. SabertoothBunny

Last piece for a while…

This is a platter I made from oak (red?) for my wife’s teacher and mentor. He was in town this weekend hosting a class at her business and she wanted a gift for him. I use Doctor’s Woodshop walnut oil to establish a hard base and then used Doctor’s Woodshop walnut oil and wax turning finish on...
  6. SabertoothBunny

Almost free…

Not mine, seen on Facebook marketplace. $900 for a Powermatic 15” planer, table saw and Jet sander. 📸 Look at this post on Facebook Log into Facebook
  7. SabertoothBunny

Vintage hand tools

This is not mine. I saw this one Facebook marketplace, a guy is selling off what seems to be a large collection of old hand tools like planes, saws, etc. Seller appears to be in/near Alex, NC. 📸 Look at this post on Facebook Log into Facebook
  8. SabertoothBunny

Laguna lathe S.T.E.A.L. (SOLD)

Not like but in Linden there is a Laguna 18-36 with attachments for $1,500. Setup is probably closer to $4,000 and it’s probably being sold for what the husband said it cost 🤣 https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/620701186843488/?mibextid=9R9pXO
  9. SabertoothBunny

Various tools from a shop

Not mine but a Woodshop in Fayetteville, NC is selling some tools off. Some good deals like a Baileigh 25” drum sander for $1,750
  10. SabertoothBunny

Poor man's vise?

Soooooo I am in the process of building a new workbench. It is an evolving concept. Have been wanting a vise to incorporate but as most of you know quite vividly, vises built into the bench can be quite costly. I stumbled across an Eastwood company who has front 9" and 10" front vises for a lot...
  11. SabertoothBunny

Table build

So we built a house for my wife's parents behind mine. They don't have much so I built a table for them as well, the chairs were purchased as I haven't done chairs and didn't have the time or energy to figure it out. Buying is just easier sometimes and we got counter stools to match for a...
  12. SabertoothBunny

20" Powermatic Planer

Not mine but this planer up for auction in VA is on the GovDeals website amongst other goodies. Currently sitting at $1,000 for a much more valuable tool. https://beta.govdeals.com/asset/303/12611
  13. SabertoothBunny

New Table Finish

I am going to be making a small table for my wife's parents to put into the house we are building for them on my property. The wood hasn't been decided yet but I will hopefully get that ironed out this weekend. Most likely oak, pecan, maple, walnut, cherry or some kind of combination of those...
  14. SabertoothBunny

Lathe Starter Bundle

Seems legit, had spoke to guy briefly about getting a few of the items off this bundle but he wants to sell it as a whole lot. It is actually a really good deal for everything...
  15. SabertoothBunny

Woodtek Lathe

I now this guy personally and this is a legit sale if anyone is looking for a lathe like this. It is down in Fayetteville. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3323938644513918/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A5f6378ef-88c7-48d4-a218-0b63e5d059c5
  16. SabertoothBunny

Sanding Inside Long Projects

Alrighty, I am working on a decorative vase from bad piece of walnut with epoxy. It is a limb cutoff that had some cracking due to the pith. The piece isn't very large, the inside is about 6-8" deep and about 4-5" wide at the opening that tapers down narrower inside. It is my first attempt at a...
  17. SabertoothBunny

Nut cracker bowl

Finished this bowl this morning. Been meaning to get to it for a while and finally made myself so it. I think it would be better with a larger bowl, this one is roughly 11” wide. Maybe a 14-15” wide would be more proportionate to the size of the nutcracker wheel. Either way, I am pretty happy...
  18. SabertoothBunny

Kids' High Chair

So my nephew recently became a daddy. I would like to make a high chair that will be durable and last akin to the one I had when my kids were little and needed a high chair. The photo is the style of high chair I am talking about, the tray folds up and over the kid and have go behind the chair...
  19. SabertoothBunny

Turning Class Help

Hey everyone, could use some help. I am arranging a turning class for the kids at the Falcon Children’s House Woodshop in Falcon, NC. This will be once a week for 4 weeks. It will be Thursday nights from 6:00-8:00ish, July 21 & 28, August 4 & 11. We could really use the help of 2-3 adults to...
  20. SabertoothBunny

Table Saw Advice

SO, my Delta contractor saw (Lowe's model, older one) has begun to smoke when cutting 8/4 hardwoods. Time for me to look into a new saw and I have approval from Household 6. Trying to stay below $2,000 and my research has narrowed down my options. Please advise on what is listed below, I am kind...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS