Search results

1. SabertoothBunny

Nubs Mc-Gillacutty School of Carpentry

That is a whole lot of NOPE.
  2. SabertoothBunny

Mortise chisel vs. Mortise machine vs. Mortise adpter for drill press

I have an older Delta drill press mounted mortising attachment. Will let you have it on the cheap if you're interested, it is a 17-905 model. It is still in the original packaging and has not been used by me if ever.
  3. SabertoothBunny

I got a new sander

How is the vibration? Does it leave your have feeling numb after extended use like a 5" one does? Is this for just aggressive work or can it be used for fine, finishing work as well?
  4. SabertoothBunny

Hello from Raeford, NC

Welcome, I am just around the corner in Fayetteville.
  5. SabertoothBunny

New to NC- Fayetteville / Hope Mills

Welcome, I too am in Fayettenam
  6. SabertoothBunny

Setting up dust collection, differently.....

Your setup is much more like the style I am going for. I just don't have the HEPA filter on for mine like the Jet does, the old Delta came with those old and crappy fabric dust bags. I am hoping to find a way to vent it outside of my garage and have a cyclone before that to limit the exhaust to...
  7. SabertoothBunny

Your points about respiratory issues make complete sense, OSHA is a more current point compared to 40+ years ago when it was more guidelines than rules. I am certainly working to alleviate that as much as I possible can as I do not want to reduce my lifespan or suffer from serious respiratory...
  8. SabertoothBunny

Wow, so now I am being cheap because I finally got a system when I literally had NOTHING before it. Screw the fact that I am trying to do SOMETHING to take care of dust. Maybe I will just get off this forum and go find one that will actually try to help without insulting those seeking help. Not...
  9. SabertoothBunny

4" vs 6" ducting, whether it be PVC or metal. Why have it bigger when it must be reduced to reach the DC must less tools?
  10. SabertoothBunny

I recently acquired a Delta 50-850 single stage dust collector. The unit is basically new, never been setup or used, but has some cosmetic wear from sitting in garage storage for many moons but for $100 I snatched it up. The problem is shop space is limited. So help me with some questions. This...
  11. SabertoothBunny

Help wanted

I would be glad to help Mike but Walnut Cove is a long drive, over 2 hours each way. My apologies.
  12. SabertoothBunny

Shop Fox vises on sale at Grizzly <$50

Anyone order an extra one at the $45 price point I could work a deal for? Building a new workbench that this this would be a good add-on but I do not know that these are worth it at $79.
  13. SabertoothBunny

Burial Urns

What is the Facebook page for this?
  14. SabertoothBunny

Wood / fresh log availability in Raleigh?

Watch facebook marketplace or craig's list, a lot of time people will post in there to come and get the wood, often for free. Another thing I do is just watch the area I drive through and if I see downed wood and I can I will stop to inquire about getting some.
  15. SabertoothBunny

Negative rake scrapers?

Carbides are NOT negative rake scrapers. There are individual carbide tips you can get that are engineered as negative rake but aside from those all carbide cutters are just scraping tools. They are not designed to work as a native rake. Negative take is a specific grind set to a tool. There...
  16. SabertoothBunny

Burls

Any have burl or burl caps available? Someone I will be seeing someone this weekend is looking for species with the more spikey caps, species like maple, buckeye or manzanita.
  17. SabertoothBunny

new user

Welcome, I am primarily a turner as well. I do pens, stoppers, grinders, bowl, vases, etc. Just whatever really, depending on where you are located I can assist you with bigger turnings. This weekend I will be up at the Mid-Atlantic Turners Expo in Virginia, pretty fun event.
  18. SabertoothBunny

Wood identification help

Most likely oak.
  19. SabertoothBunny

Wood identification help

Is there a better closeup of the end grain? It could be oak but a better image of the end grain will help differentiate that.
  20. SabertoothBunny

Wood identification help

Bark, rings and light colored wood implies pine to me.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors