Search results

1. O

New member from Perrysburg,Ohio

Welcome Lynn
  2. O

Why Didn't I Think Of That?

Or brazing rod ......... the best to break in to the car when you lock your keys in it.
  3. O

Would sanding sealer prevent this?

My experience the best sealer I have found to prevent wood staining is resin. Take a 30-60 min resin and thin it down with acetone to make watery and use that as a sealer. That works fantastically. Other sealers also can work, but for me this has been my go to.
  4. O

Leg Vise

Agree, Pop-pop......... and who says you can't teach new dogs old tricks 😁 .......... Well done Richard !
  5. O

Why Didn't I Think Of That?

Fun Fact - When I was in China, they used big zip ties (like 2" wide) to lash together scaffolding.......... made of bamboo
  6. O

Sliding Gate

What they all said. You can use small bearings if you want to go elaborate, but the above pix will work almost as well
  7. O

Leg Vise

Yup- Pop-pop is one of the many treasures of NCWW
  8. O

New Member - Raleigh, NC

Welcome to the forum, Emily !
  9. O

3M Sander 2.5 mm

I have the Maxxt 5mm. But no comparison. The 3M is has way tighter tolerances so the motor energy is much better translated in to useful work. The Maxxt is still an excellent sander and is the one I usually go to. I have a 5" Maxxt and a Sealy 6". My guess they come from the same factory. But...
  10. O

3M Sander 2.5 mm

I had a need for a fine sander and checked out all the usual suspects, Mirka, Festool and then 3M. In the end I chose the 3M, mostly because it will be less used than the other sanders I have and price. However, to my surprise, this sander really performs. I got a 3mm sander over the 5mm orbit...
  11. O

Carbon Method on hand tools?

I have my own mind but if "Wiley woodworks gives me 20 bucks, I would say nice things for sure".......... like that ? 😁
  12. O

Nubs Mc-Gillacutty School of Carpentry

Things like this really disturb me........... So, of course ! I want to share How to lose a finger or fingers in one easy lesson...:eek:..... This guy posts these occasionally with a running commentary of supporting sarcasm. .......Dangerous Cutting Video.........
  13. O

In looking into this, I see it is a kind of Nano coating used on cars. I am guessing the "Carbon Method" brand is a mix design without silicone in it. I would also surmise it is likely there are other brands that also do not have any silicone in them as well. Once you can determine what brands...
  14. O

Ahhh .......... getting old
  15. O

If you are referring to carbon dating it accuracy is not that good. Most scientists now use radiometric. Cost would be the issue.
  16. O

He has a long wait ahead

1000 bucks for this ........... he's smokin' crack. I have done restorations to tools this rough. To derust, clean and get everything back to zero cosmetic-wise is really 4-5 days of work. HOWEVER, that table getting reflattened and adjustments, feed wheels, might take 5 days by themselves to...
  17. O

New member southside virginia

Welcome to the forum
  18. O

Sanding Grit a Reference

(I posted this chart about 4-5 years ago thought it would be useful to repost it since we have so many new members) One of the things we all use is some form of sand or polishing. I have attached a reference PDF that is really helpful is understanding how certain sand paper grits translate to...
  19. O

Hello from Raeford, NC

Welcome to the forum Vic
  20. O

New computer counter tops

A Grabo portable vacuum, kept the seam aligned

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS