Search results

1. D

Leather care for a writer's desk blotter

Hello all. I'm nearing completion on a contemporary writer's desk shown in issue #270 of fine woodworking. Instead of a wooden desk surface, it's covered by a large leather blotter. I have never worked with leather before but I'm hoping some of you surely have some advice for it. It calls...
  2. D

Case construction before pocket holes... what were the options?

I've only been woodworking for a little over a year, and in that time I've only done solid wood projects. So far most of that work has been focused on "traditional" joinery like mortise and tenon, dovetails, etc.. But now I'm looking at making a hall tree / mudroom bench for the house. It...
  3. D

American Trestle Table

With the pandemic, our two young kids made it difficult to use our dining table... it is constantly covered with legos projects, homework, and drawings. Cleaning it to actually eat on it was a daily struggle... we needed a second table to eat on. Our breakfast nook area had a small "kid table"...
  4. D

Fixing surface flaws under a coat of poly

Finishing Gurus... a question for you. I'm working on a dining table top made of cherry. After brushing on a coat of oil based polyurethane, I noticed (too late) some defects I need to repair. Question is this... is it possible to spot sand this one area, fix the surface defects, then recoat...
  5. D

New from Hickory

Hello all, i'm past due to introduce myself. My name is Daniel and I live just outside of Hickory. I started woodworking back in the summer of 2019. Before that, I would have laughed at you if you told me I'd be interested in making furniture one day. Growing up, nobody in my immediate...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS