Search results

1. Nativespec

Finish for cutting board

I use walnut oil since I have walnut oil.
  2. Nativespec

Uses for sawdust?

Oil spills. I like to keep some in my pockets for when we are out on the town or seeing family. I makes me feel at home.
  3. Nativespec

Underhill vs. Abrams

I like the way Roy's show is done in real time. I have lost some interest in Norm's show as my skill improved. I don't like using metal fasteners on my projects (Norm uses them often) but I do like using the Domino instead of the traditional mortise and tenon. The time I save can be used on...
  4. Nativespec

Palm Router help...

I have the Colt and it is great. Got to be carful to tighten it good or it will slip down. Nice tool. David
  5. Nativespec

jointer plane

I have the Lie Nielson #8 and the Lee Valley #7 (low angle). The LV is priced well and they sell a fence for it. They are both good for me. David
  6. Nativespec

What do you do with your sawdust?

I usually wear it, breath it and generally distribute it throughout the house-I guess that helped get my wife to finally move out. David
  7. Nativespec

Mahogany On Raleigh CL

1 X 4 boards would be not much good for most furniture. You could always make an offer. I picked up about 300 ft of walnut for $300-that was a deal. David
  8. Nativespec

Planer or Jointer First?

Depending on your budget the planer might come first. I always face joint my stock and ednge on a 12" planer jointer before planing. If you have about $1,900, the Jet JJP12 is a good choice, otherwise, you might consider buying used stuff and then upgrading later. David
  9. Nativespec

Corporate Accountant

Steve: I complete 990's for a couple of groups. One is a charity is mine. I could help (no charge), but I have never done the original application. David
  10. Nativespec

Cutting drawer openings

Dave-I built that same table just now-how funny. I drill four holes and use a jigsaw. I then use hand tools to make it square and finally with sanding. The advantage to cutting the hole on the tablesaw is that you can use the cut out for the drawer-especially good for flush fit drawers. The...
  11. Nativespec

Water-stone users....

I use a 5 gallon bucket.
  12. Nativespec

Cordless tools

I have Dewalt 18v tools. 2 nail guns, impact, driver, right angle and the flashlight. I have been pleased and you can buy the lith batteries for them if you want. David
  13. Nativespec

block planes

I have both the LN and LV. I like them both and use them both. LN has more to choose from in angles and sizes. The LV has a chamfering attachment which is nice. LV has set screws for the blade which is a nice feature. LV planes cost less because they use painted parts where LN uses bronze...
  14. Nativespec

Ash

I like ash but hickory is a bit tough on tools. David
  15. Nativespec

Lee Valley Digital Angle Gauge

Better hurry. Last time I was going to buy it they sold out. David http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=&cat=1,51,58801&p=58801
  16. Nativespec

domino vs slot mortiser

I have the Domino and it is the greatest tool since sliced bread. It saves much time, is easy to use and can be carried to the work. You might regret the price at first. I doubt you will ever see a used Domino for sale. David
  17. Nativespec

I need a good painter

David: I have a good friend that does good work-Dwight Clark at 362-0348 (Raleigh area). Thanks, David
  18. Nativespec

Everybodies opinion about ShopFox Tools

IMHO-Junk. Jet is much better for a little more money. David
  19. Nativespec

Your Ideas For Replacing Shop Vac?

I have the Fein (large one) as well and I would never go back to a noisy vac. Considering the time spent using it, the quite time is well worth it. David
  20. Nativespec

Have you thought about using Bamboo??

I've heard it is not good in humid climates. David

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors