Search results

1. J

What materials should I be purchasing for my project?

Yes, I have a spreadsheet here(link) which has the current list of components including electrical. I just wanted a fun project for the summer to keep me occupied. The system output will be 105W RMS driven by a custom battery cell (3s5p 18650 batteries to output 12V @ 15A with 13Ah capacity) I...
  2. J

I will definitely keep that in mind. I think I should be able to get some nicer quality plywood from a family friend than what I was considering purchasing from Home Depot. Thankfully I finished designing the box, and just need to make my wiring diagram for it. (Hopefully I don't mess it up or...
  3. J

Thanks everyone! I'm going to go with the 3/4" plywood suggested here and use some 3/4" x 3/4" stock to reinforce the edges on the inside. I'll be sure to do an update post once I have the design finished and all of the electrical components sourced.
  4. J

Thanks for all the replies! Looks like general consensus is to use 3/4" ply correct? Something like this? Also for the 3/4" stock, would this work? I have a few friends at my college who are Electrical Engineers so I should be fine with the electrical components. I will upload a few more...
  5. J

1. I am designing all of the electrical from scratch, so I will be purchasing a small Bluetooth module, a few car speakers, and actually designing the amplifier modules myself. I have a 3D printer at home and will be printing the electronics I/O box that will be attached to the back. 2. The 5...
  6. J

Hey everybody, I'm new here, forgive me if this post isn't formatted correctly or even in the right place! I just started working on designing a Bluetooth portable speaker enclosure for a summer project. I am really new with woodworking and I was wondering if anybody here could help me figure...
  7. J

CAD Software of Choice

A lot of good software mentioned here! I'm love both Solidworks and Autodesk Inventor. Both are insanely powerful and their feature set make them really well suited to this. I personally use Siemens NX 12, and the workflow is really streamline (design, assemble, Bill of Material, stress...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS