Search results

1. DavidK

Super dust deputy with barrel

Dust deputy has been sold.
  2. DavidK

Super dust deputy with barrel

Hi, I have an oneida Super Dust Deputy mounted on a large (50 gallon?) plastic barrel which I no longer need. 5 inch inlet and 6 inch outlet. It is located in Durham near downtown. Asking $150
  3. DavidK

Salute to the Tulip Poplar

My bees get a lot of nectar from Tulip Poplar which is another reason to keep them around.
  4. DavidK

Anybody use the TSO GRS16 track square?

I have had a GRS16 for a while now. It works really well and is a pleasure to use.
  5. DavidK

Free lights

I did a google search and found the documentation for the lights, but that was a while ago and I don't have the link handy. I got lights with battery backup which was a bit more complicated to hook up, but the docs for the battery backup unit had the schematic.
  6. DavidK

Disposable Gloves

I was able to get some at the harbor freight in Durham a few weeks ago. They only had a few size, but that beats an empty shelf :)
  7. DavidK

New shop-suggestions for wall material

so can my kids;)
  8. DavidK

@Oka I link the suggestion, but I am tired of working on the shop and I am happy I can now work on things in an air conditioned shop. The posts in my shop are 8x8's and I think I will live with them since replacing them would probably not be cheap or easy. They support the middle of the...
  9. DavidK

I went with pre-finished slatwall with surface mounted power conduit. I am still working on the shop so I am not sure if I would do anything different, but I like it so far
  10. DavidK

Miter Saw Recommendations?

i have a 12 inch DEWALT slider. It takes way more space than I expected and if I had to do it again, I would get the Bosch or a model with side rails so it would take less space. I would also seriously think about a 10 inch for the same reason.
  11. DavidK

I'm Going To Need Some Sunglasses

@jerrye Yes, each one of those puts out at least as much light as a 2 bulb fluorescent fixture.
  12. DavidK

I'm Going To Need Some Sunglasses

The lights linked by @djyoungcity are the same lights I installed in my shop along with some 8 footers from the same company. They work great! I think I put too many in, but I would rather have too much light than too little.
  13. DavidK

Air Compressor -- When to Retire

It is really unlikely that the tank will exposively decompress. What almost always happens is that the tank starts to leak. The leak will probably be at or below the water line so you will find a large rust patch under the compressor and will hear the leak. I am not proud of it, but I...
  14. DavidK

Ryobi Resaw Band Saw

Mark, Yes, the upper thrust bearing is in place but the side guides and their holder are missing. It wouldn't be really hard to make something, but I decided I don't need yet another project.
  15. DavidK

Ryobi Resaw Band Saw

FYI, saw is missing upper side guides. Good luck getting parts for it.
  16. DavidK

RDU CL - Enco 199-9001 wood cutting bandsaw - $100 (Raleigh) - presumably SOLD

"This posting has been deleted by its author."
  17. DavidK

Granite lab table - $125 (castle hayne)

One search hit for "granite weight per cubic inch": Density of Granite, solid in 285 units and reference information. That site states 1.56 oz per cubic inch.
  18. DavidK

Granite lab table - $125 (castle hayne)

by my calculations, the top should weigh 289.6 pounds. Might want to bring a lift or several strong friends. :)
  19. DavidK

Virtual Picnic - May16 4PM Sign up here

Please sign me up, too!
  20. DavidK

Shop furniture--chisel chest

Very nice!!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS