Search results

1. RJC58

Some recent work...

I’d be proud of the work!
  2. RJC58

Fireplace surround Completed - 1. Materials choice? 2. Mantle mounting method?

Were the French cleats wood or metal bar?
  3. RJC58

Jet Mobile Base - $50 - SOLD

I’ll take that, please. I live in Pittsboro and work in Chapel Hill. Are you available at lunch hour?
  4. RJC58

Latest Projects

Very nice. Handsome colors. Nice craftsmanship.
  5. RJC58

Woodworking shop and tools - $1 (Johnson City, TN) GONE

How’s he gonna build his sailboat if he sells his tools?
  6. RJC58

Maple First Turn - Color Change

I’m fairly new to woodturning and have been working on first-turning and drying my first set of bowls (up to 35-ish bowls now) and just completed a few green, clear, non-spalted maple bowls. I’ve noticed a significant change in their appearance a couple days after turning. They are quite pale...
  7. RJC58

Lathe Drop

We can fix that. A drop of water or two on the dent covered with a wash cloth followed by the tip of a hot iron should lift that right out. The water in the wood is converted to steam and the grain is lifted. As long as the dent has not torn grain you should not be able to tell it was ever...
  8. RJC58

Seperation at glue up

Adding a little very fine oak sawdust to the glue may help color blend.
  9. RJC58

Milling Trees - How to Arrange

I’m an owner of undeveloped property in Chatham County and have an interest in having some large oak and butternut(?) trees > 3ft. dbh milled. How does one recommend that be arranged?
  10. RJC58

Cherry Cutting Board

Very attractive. I like the form’s simplicity letting the wood’s natural beauty provide the visual interest. The source makes it even more interesting.
  11. RJC58

Tablesaw - adjustment and tuning

Not an expert, but is your table level? Is there a dip toward one or more of the corners? Do the corners need shimming?
  12. RJC58

FOUND Delta Tilt Top

Thanks, a message has been sent to Taylor.
  13. RJC58

FOUND Delta Tilt Top

I have exactly what you’re looking for fully restored with new bearings and I’ll sell at a very reasonable price. It’s a 10 inch Delta 1160. Not sure what next steps to communicate are... does the forum have a private messaging feature?
  14. RJC58

Help to ID Wood - Hickory?

Well, it’s covered with anchor seal, now. It had a reddish tint... y’all are likely right. Not the lower pieces in the pic, those are cherry and an unidentified fruit tree.
  15. RJC58

Help to ID Wood - Hickory?

Kory.
  16. RJC58

Raleigh area SHOP Crawl - 12/7/19 Updated 12/4/19

I am sorry, but I will not be able to attend... I am no. 14 on the list. Please reassign my slot to a wait-lister.
  17. RJC58

Estate sale charlotte area

Anything still available?
  18. RJC58

Table for Raleigh Mayor's Office

Very nice work.
  19. RJC58

Spooky things from the shop

I like it.
  20. RJC58

Raleigh area SHOP Crawl - 12/7/19 Updated 12/4/19

I’d like to sign up... can visit family in town.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS