Search results

1. Lowespro2

MirrorCoat Air Bubbles

I coated a table top with mirror coat following the instructions. Did the initial seal coat, waited a full day before applying the flood coat. Applied the flood coat, spread it out with a paint brush and waited about 10 minutes. Then used a propane torch about 6inches above the surface to remove...
  2. Lowespro2

Refinishing a desk

A family member recently gave us an older roll top desk that needs a little touch up work. In taking the desk apart into its different components, I have found the desk top is made of plywood with a hardwood veneer that has numerous scratches. I do not want to sand the top completely down to...
  3. Lowespro2

Cabinet finishes

I built some cabinets for our walk-in closet out of maple plywood carcasses and maple face frames. I have installed them in the closet, now I’m looking for recommendations of diy cabinet finishes. I have a small Wagner sprayer and of course brushes and rollers. What finishes do you all...
  4. Lowespro2

Bunk/loft bed hardware

Building both a twin loft bed and a full-size loft bed, looking for recommendations on hardware. The mattress rails are 1.5in x 8in and the safety rails and a brace rail are 1.5in x 4in, all are centered on the 3.5in x 3.5in posts. I’ve been looking at using through bolts with cross dowels...
  5. Lowespro2

Sharpening Service Recommendations

I’m in the Raleigh area and looking to get some Freud table saw and miter saw blades sharpened. The Freud website has a few companies in NC listed for sharpening services, the closest to Raleigh is Burnette LTD in High Point. The other services listed on Freud’s website are in Charlotte or...
  6. Lowespro2

Sofa Table

Recently completed this walnut arched stretcher base sofa table using a live edge walnut slab that my wife had purchased a few years back for the top. This was my first project requiring laying out and cutting a large arch. The arch was formed with three layers of 4/4 glued up with overlapping...
  7. Lowespro2

Finally Done

After a year since purchasing the rough quarter sawn white oak lumber from Scott Smith down in New Hill, I have finally completed my nightstands. With having two young kids I’m lucky if I get to work in the garage more than 30mins to an hour at a time. Now that I look back on it, I wish I would...
  8. Lowespro2

Finishing Black Iron Pipe

I have a friend that made a wooden table with black iron pipe for the legs, which he never applied a finish to. He has left the black iron pipe as it comes from the supplier with the oil coating, he now is running into the problem of people bumping into the legs and getting the oil and whatever...
  9. Lowespro2

Project Glass

Where do my RDU area friends find reasonably priced custom cut glass for their projects, such as picture frames?
  10. Lowespro2

Odd Size Dust Collector Intake

I have a dust collector with a 7-1/2” diameter intake port. I want to set it up and reduce to either 4” or 6” pipe to match my equipment, but don’t know what size reducer I need to use with that odd size intake port 7” or 8”? Any thoughts? Thanks, Nick
  11. Lowespro2

Hello from Raleigh

I created my profile awhile back, but hadn’t introduced myself yet. I’m slowly getting back into woodworking after taking some time off when my kids were born. Now that they are a little older I’m getting back into the garage and trying more challenging projects. I’m still limited on my time...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS