Search results

1. Lowespro2

MirrorCoat Air Bubbles

Matt, I guess I took the last line of the instruction’s to “avoid over torching because the surface can burn” too literally and thought after I had already torched the surface removing the visible bubbles that I should not torch it again because I might burn the surface. In the manufacturers...
  2. Lowespro2

MirrorCoat Air Bubbles

I coated a table top with mirror coat following the instructions. Did the initial seal coat, waited a full day before applying the flood coat. Applied the flood coat, spread it out with a paint brush and waited about 10 minutes. Then used a propane torch about 6inches above the surface to remove...
  3. Lowespro2

Refinishing a desk

A family member recently gave us an older roll top desk that needs a little touch up work. In taking the desk apart into its different components, I have found the desk top is made of plywood with a hardwood veneer that has numerous scratches. I do not want to sand the top completely down to...
  4. Lowespro2

Cabinet finishes

Thanks all! We ended up going with Sherwin-Williams Emerald Urethane, thankfully they are having a sale for 35% off right now. There was a last minute change of color from white to agreeable grey. We are applying with brushes and rollers, and it has been really nice to work with. It does have a...
  5. Lowespro2

Cabinet finishes

All, thanks for the help! I’m going to look into the SW ProClassic and Emerald Urethane products this weekend.
  6. Lowespro2

Cabinet finishes

Thanks. I should have also stated in my post, the wife would like them to be white. I saw General Finishes has a white tinted water based enamel, does MinWax have a similar product?
  7. Lowespro2

Cabinet finishes

I built some cabinets for our walk-in closet out of maple plywood carcasses and maple face frames. I have installed them in the closet, now I’m looking for recommendations of diy cabinet finishes. I have a small Wagner sprayer and of course brushes and rollers. What finishes do you all...
  8. Lowespro2

Greetings from Cary

Welcome!
  9. Lowespro2

Hello from Raleigh!

Welcome to the forum.
  10. Lowespro2

Garden gate, yard gate?

Check out Prowell Woodworks https://www.prowellwoodworks.com for some ideas, they build some really nice gates.
  11. Lowespro2

Ral/Cary Not DIY-Recommend Small Job(Security Light) Electrician

I live in the Raleigh/Cary area and have had good luck with Systematic Electric - Master Electrician serving Cary, Apex and surround NC areas
  12. Lowespro2

Bunk/loft bed hardware

Jim, Did you use something like this? https://www.woodworkingshop.com/product/he33090/ I was worried the kids could lift the mattress up and break it free from the posts with that type of connection. Have you had any issues with that? thanks, nick
  13. Lowespro2

Bunk/loft bed hardware

Rich, I have considered using lag bolts as well, I think the old school this-end-up brand bunk beds used lag bolts. In some of the research I’ve done I saw people using lag bolts with a hardwood dowel inserted perpendicular to the lag bolt hole near the last two inches of thread to prevent the...
  14. Lowespro2

Bunk/loft bed hardware

Building both a twin loft bed and a full-size loft bed, looking for recommendations on hardware. The mattress rails are 1.5in x 8in and the safety rails and a brace rail are 1.5in x 4in, all are centered on the 3.5in x 3.5in posts. I’ve been looking at using through bolts with cross dowels...
  15. Lowespro2

Sharpening Service Recommendations

Frank, their prices do seem reasonable for their services and your not the only person to recommend them on the forum. I’ve also read some posts about a service in Buffalo, NY. What I have not seen posted is how much extra it costs for the shipping to and from for those out of state services.
  16. Lowespro2

Sharpening Service Recommendations

I’m in the Raleigh area and looking to get some Freud table saw and miter saw blades sharpened. The Freud website has a few companies in NC listed for sharpening services, the closest to Raleigh is Burnette LTD in High Point. The other services listed on Freud’s website are in Charlotte or...
  17. Lowespro2

Sofa Table

Recently completed this walnut arched stretcher base sofa table using a live edge walnut slab that my wife had purchased a few years back for the top. This was my first project requiring laying out and cutting a large arch. The arch was formed with three layers of 4/4 glued up with overlapping...
  18. Lowespro2

Epoxy Selection

Looks good. Which epoxy system did you end up using?
  19. Lowespro2

Just Plain STUPID - Lowes

They must have changed something, because when I bought my door handles and deadbolts there they rekeyed all the locks to be the same key and cut several extra keys for me before I purchased anything. They did stick an extra bar code on one of the deadbolts which the cashier scanned to charge me...
  20. Lowespro2

Eastern Red Cedar

Mike, Not sure where in the RDU area your daughter lives, but here are places to find ERC. If she’s near North Raleigh, as ScottM said: Murdock Building & Portable Sawmill Rolesville, NC Jack Murdock (919) 669-1859 Ncsawmill.com If she is near Durham, Bahama Wood Ricky Pope 1407 John Jones...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS