Search results

1. shanghaipete

1/4" - 20 all threaded rods (5 rods) approx 10 feet long

$40 for all 5 pieces of 1/4" - 20 all threaded rod with a zinc coating each about 10 feet long. These have been in the garage for a little while and may have the odd rust spot but for the most part are new and unused. Located in Cary.
  2. shanghaipete

WTB: Oneway Stronghold or Nova Titan III Lathe Chuck

Looking to buy a larger used chuck (preferably with a set of 100mm+ bowl jaws). If you have one of these sitting around please let me know. My lathe spindle is 1 1/4 x 8 TPI so a direct thread or a chuck that supports an insert for 1 1/4 x 8 TPI is needed.
  3. shanghaipete

2 Free Galvanized Dust Collector Fittings

These came off tools from the Asheboro school system and are older. Each one has an integrated dust gate. You can see the exact measurements in the picture, the square one has approximately 4" input and 4" output and the other one (green) reduces from about 4" to 2.5" I'm located in west Cary...
  4. shanghaipete

Small local machinist recommendation

I am working through the restoration of a Boice Crane oscillating spindle sander and during the removal of a roll pin on a collar have a completely stuck roll pin punch. I have tried everything I can think of to remove it (heat, cold, hitting from the other side, pressing it out, lubricants...
  5. shanghaipete

Looking for older motor starter

I'm in the middle of two machine restorations and looking for older (rusty is fine just needs to be functional) motor starters/switches. Single phase able to support at least 1 1/2 HP. Something like an old Allen Bradley (A-B) 609 or older cutler and hammer (see attached examples). I'm...
  6. shanghaipete

Wanted: Older 1hp to 2hp single phase motor - FOUND

I just picked up an early 1900s bandsaw and am looking for a vintage motor to add to the restoration. Old, rusted and in need of work is ok as long as it doesn't need to be rewound. My ultimate would be a big heavy 2hp century. I am open to 3 phase if the price is right, but prefer single...
  7. shanghaipete

Re-purpose Dust Collector

I am always one to try and re-use and re-purpose where possible before I scrap something. In a recent auction I obtained the filter portion of a large industrial dust collector. There is a an angled portion connected by a few bolts to a square portion with 4 large holes where the filter bags...
  8. shanghaipete

Looking for a small electric motor repair shop near Raleigh

I have an older single phase AC motor that is having issues. I've just about exhausted everything I can think of (capacitor, centrifugal switch cleaning, bearings, etc) and would like to have a professional take a look. It's older and nothing special so I don't want to dump a lot of money into...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS