Search results

1. K

Battery Powered Chainsaws

If you do not already own lawn equipment that uses batteries, pick a brand that has multiple tools that you can purchase. I am not a fan of having 10 different tools with 10 different batteries and changers. I went with Ego as I have been using Ego for 4 years now.
  2. K

Squaring dilemma - Jointer

Thanks, everyone for your help. The issue was between the wood and jointer. A.K.A. the person. Once I pushed the piece flat against the fence the finished product was square. The ticket can be closed due to operator error. :) Kurt
  3. K

Squaring dilemma - Jointer

So I was jointing a large block of wood that I glued up from smaller pieces and noticed that the block did not come out square. The dimension of the wood is about 5 7/8 x 5 1/2 x 11. I jointed the two sides that would fit my jointer and each side is flat when placed on the jointer bed. I...
  4. K

Bandsaw Circle Jig

I had a circle jig for my old bandsaw that I would say cut perfect circles. I sold the old bandsaw and upgraded to a bigger bandsaw and the old jig went into the firepit. I made another circle jig to fit the new bandsaw. I noticed when I cut a circle that the final cut seems to be flat...
  5. K

What position should wood be stored in

Yes eastern white pine
  6. K

What position should wood be stored in

I picked up 32 linear feet of 1x4x8 and 48 linear feet of 1x6x8 both of eastern pine and are 3/4" thick. I won't be able to build my project for another 2 - 3 weeks and currently have the wood in my house. Should I store the wood flat stacked up, on its ends, or standing up. The wood will be...
  7. K

To replace Drill press motor or not

I guess just being lazy. Removing the pully and motor would not be difficult it's dealing with taking apart the switch to disconnect the cord and running it through all the holes grommets. Maybe I'll just splice it in cutting the old motor wire. I would have no issue making that connection...
  8. K

Measuring for even spaces:

Thanks for all the input all. I know there is a ..it ton of ways to figure out centering or dividing stuff but I always like the math behind how things get done. I prefer to use a pencil and paper as I think of my next project and not use any type of computer-aided drawing tool for my next...
  9. K

To replace Drill press motor or not

I recently was using my drill press when the motor started to make a scraping sound. I continue with my drilling with no issues other than the annoying sound. I contacted the manufacturer about the issue and directed them to a video I posted of the noise. Within five business days of...
  10. K

No, I do not, I just wanted to have my steps validated.
  11. K

Measuring for even spaces: Want to check how I am calculating spacing dividers evenly along a certain length of wood Is correct. This example the outside length of the box is 10 inches in length using stock thickness of 23/32. The divider material will have a thickness of ⅛ inch hardboard...
  12. K

Drum Sander similar to planer question.

I started doing some research on open-end drum sanders and wondering if drum sanders are similar to a planer. Meaning a planer reduces thickness but does not flatten. Are drum sanders similar to planers or do they actual flatten surfaces while reducing thickness. Kurt
  13. K

55 gallon Drum Dolly -

If anyone is using 55-gallon drum(s) for dust collection and want to move the drums around, I have a new in the box 55-gallon dolly that can support 1000lbs. asking $30.00 Kurt $30
  14. K

Hinge Selection advise

WIll hold up to 55 keys. Current key count 28 and growing. Keys will not be stored on doors. The outside dimension of the cabinet is 21" width, 24" height, 3" depth. When the doors are placed on top there is about a 3/32 gap between them.
  15. K

Hinge Selection advise

I have a cabinet that is using 1/2 plywood for the cabinet and the doors are 3/8 plywood. The doors are not inset. The cabinet portion is 3 inches deep. will be used for key storage and a lot of keys. The dimensions of the doors are 24" H x 10" W . Two doors. Suggestion on the type od...
  16. K

Deviation of cut on table saw

Added a feather board and used a jointer to true up the edge the best I could. This did help to reduce the deviation. My jointer technique still needs some work as there was some flex in the board when I placed on the wing of the table saw. Maybe I did not run it through the jointer enough...
  17. K

The fence is a SS Pro T-glide and if I push hard enough I can move the back of the fence a bit maybe one or two marks on the dial gauge. The front won't budge once locked in. The board is not jointed.
  18. K

Yes, I noticed it before and measured my blade which was about 3 marks out at the back from the same tooth I used to measure when I tried to adjust the blade again. I have not re-adjusted my fence after this last attempt to get the blade to zero. My fence veers away at the back by 6 marks. I...
  19. K

That is exactly what I did. Set my dial gauge to 0 on the tooth. Rotate blade back and measure the same tooth. The smallest value was between the 0 and 1 marks on the dial gauge. Just for its and giggles I did the same measurement but using different teeth. Out of the four or five...
  20. K

With my current ability and depending on which tooth of the blade I measure from, the back of the blade is in between the 0 and 1 marks on my dial gauge. The furthest I measured was between the 1 and 2 marks on the dial gauge using the same blade. The back of the blade is moving away from the...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS