Search results

1. Gotcha6

New Habitat ReStore in Monroe, NC

Habitat ReStore has moved to the old Bi-Lo site on Dickerson Blvd. between Old Charlotte Highway and Roosevelt Blvd. I've stopped in a few times and if anyone is interested in doing butcher block tops, they have a huge inventory of 4-5 different species. IIRC, they are all 25" x 8-10 feet and...
  2. Gotcha6

Gotta wait for the money tree to get ripe for this one

Got this in an email today: New Harvey rip fence system; "On Sale" @ $1,049.00...
  3. Gotcha6

I Finally Jumped In

After discounting their need in a WWing shop for some time, I was presented with a challenge by my daughter's boyfriend to build a pedal board for his guitar. We had built one last year from wood and some old perforated patch cabinet panels, but I saw this as an opportunity to help the both of...
  4. Gotcha6

A big thanks to Klingspor's website

Early this AM I was reading an email ad from Klingspor and was intrigued by the fact that they had their milk paint on sale. I'm in the process of remodeling our kitchen and in doing so, I've moved many of the uppers to the basement setting up a 'temporary' kitchen for us to use until we're...
  5. Gotcha6

Lexicon missing

Had a member PM me about acronyms he didn't understand. Been here so long they've been second nature to me, but I doubt newcomers understand this 'code'. We did have a lexicon of terms in the Resources section up until our last software upgrade. Has there been any move towards refreshing this...
  6. Gotcha6

What to do with it?

I had a 24" and 12" 'twin' hickory that split up the middle of the larger half and had to be dropped on January 1 of this year at my old home. It was leaning towards the house and I didn't want it to damage it. Because I didn't have the time or inclination to deal with it, I offered it to a...
  7. Gotcha6

Can someone tell me what this is from?

I found this inside a house we were about to demolish in CLT last Thursday. I can't recall having seen a plane big enough to hold this beast.
  8. Gotcha6

Woodcarvers Showcase, Charlotte, NC 2/22-23

Got this info from a flyer at the care facility where my mom is staying: Charlotte Woodcarvers are having a showcase event at CPCC, the Worrell Building 1228 Elizabeth Ave, on February 22 & 23. Exhibit hours are 12:00-4:00 PM on Saturday and 10:00-4:00 on Sunday. Vendors will be selling at...
  9. Gotcha6

Charlotte Woodcarvers show

While I'm not affiliated with them in any way, I thought I would post this: Charlotte Woodcarvers are having an exhibit at Worrell Hall on the CPCC campus, 1228 Elizabeth Ave. Charlotte, NC on February 23 & 24. I've been to these in the past at other venues and there are usually some...
  10. Gotcha6

SawStop 3 HP $1800

Not mine. Just saws it on C/L: https://charlotte.craigslist.org/tls/d/mooresville-sawstop-3-hp-professional/6787609718.html
  11. Gotcha6

New Roku WWing channel

FWIW, Roku has recently added some channels to its lineup, one of which is called 'woodworkinghq'. Although it has only a limited selection at this time, I expect it may be something worth keeping an eye on. It appears to basically be YouTube type videos for viewing on your TV or other...
  12. Gotcha6

Possible temporary policy change?

Given that the Classified section does not have the ability to show photos, would it be possible to suspend the policy of posting ads in another forum to allow the seller the opportunity to upload a photo(s) of the item? It is somewhat frustrating as a buyer to be unable to see what the item...
  13. Gotcha6

A pleasant surprise and possible opportunity for some

Back in 2014 we had to put down a longtime pet, a Black Lab. We had the remains cremated and returned to us. It came in a cardboard box which I set aside for a future project to make an urn. Last year one of our cats had to be put down and we did the same thing. Yesterday I picked up the...
  14. Gotcha6

Do you still have it?

For the last 3 weeks I have been convalescing at home from back surgery. To pass the time, LOML had brought home a large box of old FWW magazines donated to the library where she works that they could no longer use. Some issues are 25+ years old. Many of the ads for stationary and even...
  15. Gotcha6

Surgery

I had a lumbar/sacral fusion along with lumbar stenosis irrigation on 1/29. I go home from rehabilitation tomorrow. Restricted to no bending, twisting, or lifting over 10# until after follow-up with neurosurgeon in mid March. Also getting around with a brace and walker. Good news (if you can...
  16. Gotcha6

Now why didn't I think of this?

From the Instructables website, a drum sander adapted to run on a lathe, probably expandable too! http://www.instructables.com/id/Lathe-Drum-Sander/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email
  17. Gotcha6

Fidget Spinners $.99 each at Ollie's

The Ollie's in Matthews has Fidget Spinners for $.99 each. While the spinners themselves aren't a WWing item, each spinner has 4 removable ball bearings that can be used for other projects. The center bearings may or may not be the same size as the 3 peripheral bearings.
  18. Gotcha6

If you think you can't....

If you think you can't have a shop because it takes up too much space or you need to buy the most expensive tools available, then you need to look at this link: http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Smallest-Workshop-in-the-World/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email
  19. Gotcha6

A wakeup call.....

I found these photos from an estate auction sale online in Midland, NC, just up the road from me: http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photopanel.cgi?listingid=2946129&category=0&zip=28110&kwd= I would be willing to guess the former owner wasn't much different in age from myself. Take a moment...
  20. Gotcha6

How'd they do this?

I was eating lunch in a Showmar's in Rock Hill, SC. The table top had an interesting grain treatment to one segment. Does anyone know how/what this is? It just looks way cool to me...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS