Search results

1. Mr. Bill

Crown Moulding Help?

I'm a retired Submarine sailor and amateur wood worker that needs some pro help. Is there anyone near Mocksville that is great with complicated Crown Moulding? I have an area of my home (living/dining that dearly needs some help. Ceiling is high and vaulted and there are many angles. I could try...
  2. Mr. Bill

Card Table Hinges?

My son-in-law is restoring an old card table. We have never seen these hinges before and would like to replace the worn ones? Anybody familiar?
  3. Mr. Bill

Free Quartz

Here's the short version. "I need space in my garage." It's getting colder and my COPD makes it harder to go outside to get in the car when it nears freezing. Have been trying to sell a 38x96" piece of quartz. Color is Cosmo toffee. It is a remnant from our kitchen counter job. Smaller piece...
  4. Mr. Bill

Need New Cabinet Doors

Been working with a local company to get new doors for our Marsh kitchen cabinets. Seems the 18 year old doors are now made in different sizes than mine. They are thermofoil (plastic coated) and my wife loves them; but the are starting to shed the plastic. The boxes are good. The local company...
  5. Mr. Bill

Surface! Surface,! Surface!

Added the submarine to my grandson's pier bed! Doesn't look much like the six I served on but he's enjoying it; expecially the pictures behind the portholes! Can't figure out how to get the pic from my gallery?
  6. Mr. Bill

Pier Bed for Grandson

I'm not one of the Master Craftsmen that most of you are but I do have some fun with wood. My daugheter asked me to make a submarine bed for my 2+ grandson. Having slept in sub bunks for a couple of decades, and knowing the short life of a novelty bed, I talked her into me making a pier. Started...
  7. Mr. Bill

Table Saw for sale

This belongs to a friend who is closing shop after a severe accident. I'm not an expert on pricing on this high end so I just offer the info. He's on the Winston Salem Craigslist sale-zkjxp-2581827000@craigslist.org
  8. Mr. Bill

Need NC profile pattern

I need a profile of North Carolina to make a sign for my next door neighbor to use on his camping trailer. I've got letter templates and my router ready to go. This guy is a great neighbor; he cut and mantained my yard through most of the spring and summer while I was in a wheelchair and casts...
  9. Mr. Bill

The bed that Grampa made

Most of the work I see on this site is amazing! You guys are craftsmen. I, on the other hand, can occasionally "make something out of wood." It's not usually a work of art but I do have fun. I recently found a bunk bed plan in the Lowe's magazine. I wanted to make the set for my grandson but...
  10. Mr. Bill

Lowe's Military Discount?

At my local Lowe's I can get a 10% discount by showing my retired Navy ID. The discount is not posted or advertized anywhere....you need to ask for it and be prepared to wait while an "authorized person" puts in a code. I do not know if this is a corporate policy or a local program! My guess is...
  11. Mr. Bill

True cost of a good deal!!!!

I bought a Steel City blower at the Charlotte show. I decided to ceiling mount in the garage/shop. I have a truss system that is 24" in center and built some bracing to hold the weight. When I was checking the fit I stood on the floored part but managed to loose my footing. I'm 65 and have...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors