Search results

1. Matt Parker

Rubio Monocoat - good, bad, ugly - what is the skin

Sweet! Good to know. I'd been getting it from a flooring company that also had all of the pigmented options as well but them and Amazon seem to be going through a bit of a dry spell at the moment.
  2. Matt Parker

Rubio Monocoat - good, bad, ugly - what is the skin

It's definitely expensive, but a little goes a long way. You'll want to make small batches and keep your lids tight because air exposure will cause it to skin over in the cans. I prefer to use Osmo PolyX and get identical results for a fraction of the cost and there's no mixing involved. Only...
  3. Matt Parker

Looking for Pecky Cypress

Forgot to mention I’m in Eden, so triad area is preferred!
  4. Matt Parker

Looking for Pecky Cypress

Hi guys, It looks like it’s been a little while since this question was posed, but does anyone have pecky cypress for sale? I have a request for a 5’ square table top and am looking to source material for the job. Any help is appreciated!
  5. Matt Parker

Total Shop Planer?? similar to the Delta -380?

I can't find much on it other than people looking for parts to fix them, but its an interesting looking machine. I wouldn't make a trip for it, but if you're already out that way it wouldn't hurt to see what happens when you run a board through it.
  6. Matt Parker

It's HOT outside.

Fortunately the guy that owned this house before me put a window shaker in the barn that I converted to a woodshop. Unfortunately, neither of us did anything in regards to insulation so my AC either runs all day long or it's immediately 90+ degrees in the shop. Maybe this fall will be the one...
  7. Matt Parker

Triad SHOP CRAWL - August 17th 2019

Dang it. My wife is on call that weekend, so I have to hang back with the kids. Sorry for jumping the gun as I was excited to meet other woodworkers in the Triad. Hit me up if anyone is near Eden/Draper as the only woodworking buds I've got are down in Winston.
  8. Matt Parker

Triad SHOP CRAWL - August 17th 2019

I'm also interested in attending if the list isn't too full.
  9. Matt Parker

Kreg Adaptive Cutting System

I've seen a few people using it lately and have heard nothing but good things about it. I don't see any reason why the table wouldn't work with other tracks, and this is loosely on my radar as an option to speed up my cuts with the Makita tracksaw. The table and base seem to be available for...
  10. Matt Parker

Need a new Miter Gauge for TS

I went with the Incra 1000HD after getting fed up with cheap miter gauges. It pays for itself in accuracy and it's probably the last miter gauge I'll ever need to buy.
  11. Matt Parker

New Member in Eden

Hey everyone! I moved to Eden from South Florida about a year and a half ago. I've dabbled in designing and building things forever, but didn't really catch the woodworking bug until about 5 years ago. I got into the craft when my girlfriend asked if we could bring a chicken home from the fair...
  12. Spider Shelf

Spider Shelf

Full shot of the spider shelf
  13. Spider Shelf

Spider Shelf

Just playing around with lighting on this one.
  14. Spider Shelf

Spider Shelf

An experiment using spiderwebs for brackets using cherry I found at Habitat for Humanity
  15. Ring Display

Ring Display

Modular ring display from ebonized white oak and cherry
  16. The Bat House

The Bat House

My take on the bat house. Made from western red cedar.
  17. Necklace Display

Necklace Display

Ebonized cherry and maple from a local sawyer
  18. Photo Album

Photo Album

Wedding photo album from black limba
  19. Coaster Set

Coaster Set

Laser engraved coasters from a maple countertop sink cut out that I found on the side of the road.
  20. Coffee Table

Coffee Table

Lifttop coffee table in Walnut and Maple

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS