Search results

1. R

festool 700 dominos

Lots of good info. First project for dominos will be oak coffee table, 48" x 26 x 17. Top will be 1 x 6 flat oak boards. Aprons will be rectangular 1 1/2 x 2 3/4. Planning on double inline #12 dominos 100mm long, should give me 2" penetration with 3/16 to 1/4" gaps between edges. legs will be...
  2. R

festool 700 dominos

Thinking about taking the plunge for the 700. Cost is the biggest issue, not only the initial purchase but the cost of the wood dominos. Are there other aftermarket dominos that you have tried, and are satisfied with? will be making oak coffee tables & farm type tables for family. I am probably...
  3. R

Hello from Shallotte

Any woodworkers around the shallotte area wanting to meet and talk woodworking?
  4. R

Hexagonal apron for round oak table top

Want to make 40" round 2" thk oak table top with milled 2 x 4's pine apron. Top will not be glued together, rather have a 1/16" gap and pocket holes to apron. I have made rectangular tables using mortice and tenons, pretty straight forward. Can't get my head wrapped around using 22.5 degree...
  5. R

Clear finish for an outdoor white oak bench

Been looking at these threads and cant make up my mind for a finish. Do not want a hard finish, maybe an oil based product that can be reapplied without much trouble. Or BLO mixture but does it actually cures?
  6. R

Wood table top without gluing

Lumber was air dried under shed roof for 3 years and then stacked & stickered in garage for 1 year with plenty of air flow down here in Shallotte. The table top (54 x 42) consists of actual 2 x 6 & 2 x 8 white oak, quarter sawn, planed and milled. Did not want to glue up due to weight of top...
  7. R

Wood table top without gluing

Sometime ago i saw pics of a wood table with the top not glued together but with a small gap between them. The gap was consistent and precise, Maybe 1/32" or so. Not sure of how the individual top boards were affixed to the aprons but it looked high end. Any idea how this was accomplished?. Also...
  8. R

Benchtop hollow Chisel limits

Bought a Rikon mortiser with XY table. Using 5/8" brad point drill then a 3/4" hollow mortice chisel. I have the taytool 1/2" sharpening stones but cannot find one for 3/4 size. Any suggestions?
  9. R

Hollow chisel morticing bits

Looking to buy some decent sets. I have some cheap ones that dull after one hole. Looking for source for quality Rc50+ hardness.
  10. R

So basically, use a 3/8 chisel for ease of use, and step over and in to get the length and width. Any recomendations for a bench top model?
  11. R

Can a benchtop model handle a 3/4" chisel?. Am using an old delta 17" floor DP, with 1/2 and 5/8 chisels. Would like to use just a 3/4" chisel saves a lot of resetting, thanks.
  12. R

Tenons on 12" sliding miter saw

Looking at dewalt 12" sliding miter saw, for cutting tenons on long aprons etc., like oak and SYP. Usually done on TS with/without dado blades. These long boards can be heavy and dangerous. Any thoughts on this, Miter saw looks sooo much easier, but $$$$.
  13. R

Tapering table legs on bench jointer

that will make a nice taper jig. What is a decent benchtop bandsaw that has a good fence?
  14. R

Don't have a bandsaw, and that humungas hand plane hurts my whole body just looking at it.... Time for a new toy, bench bandsaw with a decent fence should do it, I can make a taper jig for it. Any suggestions?
  15. R

Tapering a 3 1/2" square leg on a 10" craftsman table saw is iffy in my opinion. I normally taper flat stock with a taper jig on my TS if it is not too thick. just looking for alternatives.
  16. R

Have a 8" cutech bench jointer, carbide teeth, and works very well. Working on a table with 3 1/2" square legs 29" long, and want to taper two sides down to 2" at bottom of feet. Taper will start 7" from top of leg. watched a couple of utube videos already. looking for more info before I start...
  17. R

Pallet tool

These 2 pallets were from grizzly. Got ultra quit dust collector brand new, one use. Hardwood is 1/2 & 3/4 thick. Too good to pass up
  18. R

Pallet tool

I found some decent hardwood pallets. Thinking about some shelves and drawers. Looking for a 'double pallet buster' that won't break the wood boards. Does anyone have recommendations for this.
  19. R

Rough sawn lumber near Brunswick county

What did he have left in stock?
  20. R

Rough sawn lumber near Brunswick county

Looking for rough sawn lumber near Brunswick county. Need oak and cypress around a few hundred board feet. Rather not travel 3 hours up to raliegh area to get some.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors