Search results

1. J

Finish for exterior wood door

A friend of mine has a fairly new house, approx. 3 years old, that has a beautiful wood front door. They are having two issues with it. First, the finish that is on it is not holding up to the sun at all, the bottom half of the door is really showing it's age. The second thing, the wood is...
  2. J

Is this quarter sawn?

Is this figuring in the wood from being quarter sawn or just mother nature showing off? It almost has a hologram effect, as you walk around it the figuring changes colors or completely goes away depending on the light hitting it.
  3. J

Delta 10" contractors saw, motor brushes?

I have had this saw for many years and I've gotten my moneys worth out of it, it's a model 36-540 type 2. Today I was using it and when I turned it back on the motor seemed to be running faster than normal. I made a cut, turned it off and back on and it was the same. When I made another cut...
  4. J

Interest in standing or fresh sawn oak lumber?

I have some fairly large oak timber on my property and a lot of it is in the way of where I want to put my shop. Others are just too close to the house and need to come down. I have talked to a few loggers but I don't have the quantity they need to bring in their equipment and I really don't...
  5. J

I finally built something

I have been slowly acquiring some tools and equipment over the years but hadn't really gotten to use them. Last year I spend all summer redoing our house with new hardwood flooring and kitchen plus a fairly major redo of the master bath. Every since then the cheap coffee table and and end...
  6. J

Filling large knot holes and voids

Hello all, first real question post here. I'm about to start working on a coffee and end tables project from white oak that is still rough cut right now. There are some knot holes and voids and such in it that will need filling. I'm thinking of using bondo if I can find a dark/black color...
  7. J

New guy from WNC

Hello all. I found this site while doing some research on rebuilding a Powermatic 66 table saw. I'm just a hobby woodworker but it's something I enjoy. I'm looking forward to learning more here.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS