Search results

1. Herdfan2005

Delta 37-866X Jointer with mobile base - $500

Posting here first for 1 week. Location: Knightdale NC (Raleigh) Items included: Delta 37-866X Jointer Delta 52-866X Jointer base Power tool mobile base Rockler Knife setting jig Brand New extra set of knife blades Manual The 37-866X includes 1 HP, 120/240V (Wired 120V), induction motor...
  2. Herdfan2005

Entry Level CNC

Check out Shapeoko,
  3. Herdfan2005

Another New User From Charlotte

Welcome!
  4. Herdfan2005

carvewright cnc

I have a Shapeoko XXL as my first CNC, I got it gently used and already assembled. It is a great machine for me to learn on and make mistakes with. I'm close to being ready to upgrade to something larger and something with spindle.
  5. Herdfan2005

Recommendations for decent screws

Spax for me
  6. Herdfan2005

I finally bit the bullet

I have the Shapeoko XXL, great unit. Feel free to reach out with any questions.
  7. Herdfan2005

Woodpeckers or Bust?

Wow thanks all! Will definitely be looking at the Starrett and PEC stuff.
  8. Herdfan2005

Woodpeckers or Bust?

I need a square that I can trust and test everything else against it. I'm ok with Woodpeckers (1281) prices for such tool but wanted to hear any good alternatives at lower cost points. I don't need extreme tolerances, just enough for general woodworking. Thoughts?
  9. Herdfan2005

10 in outdoor wooden letters

I can help too, located in Knightdale.
  10. Herdfan2005

Replace subfloor bid

What I had trouble wrapping my head around was just getting someone out for a quote. I feel like some of these small to mid sized companies were losing out on a lot of potential sales since they had no sales reps available. I can only guess its better to have a 1 or 2 good reps vs 4 or average...
  11. Herdfan2005

Replace subfloor bid

I'm in the Triangle and agree 100% with this statement. I'll add that not only is the prices higher than I would like, the lead time is just as bad. Took me weeks to get drainage contractors to even look at my yard. Once I hired one, the earliest they can do it is July. I'm guess I should be...
  12. Herdfan2005

Wen track saw - initial user comments

I paid 220 for saw and (2) 55in Powertec tracks back in Nov 2020. Mine was sold and shipped from Amazon. Looks like they are out of stock and only one selling them is another seller hence the inflated price tag. When Amazon gets these back in stock look for the price to be back at the...
  13. Herdfan2005

Table Saw Dial Indicator Jig (Edited)

Oops, I meant Table Saw, not miter saw, looking to check for blade and fence parallelism to miter track
  14. Herdfan2005

Table Saw Dial Indicator Jig (Edited)

What is everyone's preferred method to check blade and fence squareness. I been using a combination square but would like to get a little more precise. I do not have a disal indicator...yet. Did you buy a jig or make one. P.S Anyone want to put there jig to work around all the tools in my...
  15. Herdfan2005

HVLP Gun Between Coats

I do very little and have no seen any issues. I'll depressurize, scrap the tip and walk away. Once I am done for the day, I will dissemble and clean with hot water and soap. I've not run any oil based products through yet.
  16. Herdfan2005

First Attempt at Maloof Style Rocking Chair

I'll just head back over here with my pocket screws. Nice Job!
  17. Herdfan2005

CNC Desktop Machines.....Worth Buying??

I have a Shapeoko XXL and upgrade to the ZPLus. I am very happy with the machine and continue to learn more and more about CNC-ing. Huge community support and outstanding customer service will keep me with them until I upgrade to larger bed maybe down the road. I use vCarve for CAD and CAM.
  18. Herdfan2005

My New DeWalt 735x Planer Arrived !

Its the same with the dw734 I have, luckily, I have about 3 to 4 inches worth of exposed brick footer in my garage so I have space for it to snug up against the wall with the outfeed table down (due to dust port). I'm jealous of your new toy, even the the DW734 is a adequate planer, I hear the...
  19. Herdfan2005

Axiom AR8 PRO V5

I'm using vCarve Desktop to learn with. I have no reason to make anything over 24x24 but if I do, will upgrade to Pro.
  20. Herdfan2005

Powertec Guide rails

I use them with my cheap Wen. Very happy with them.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS