Search results

1. kserdar

What CNC’s do you all have, and what software are you using for CAD/CAM?

An original screw model Joes Hybrid 4' x 4'. Vectric Aspire since around 2011 ...
  2. kserdar

Hobby Room Shelving and Cabinetry - WIP

My home is built with Superior style walls. I state style, because they are manufactured by a local company in Durham (Not Superior).
  3. kserdar

Cutting Acrylic

Depending on the thickness ... a laser will flame polish and cut in one pass ...
  4. kserdar

Oliver 12-1/2" Benchtop Planer with Byrd Cutterhead - $899 at Woodcraft ENDED

Body style looks like that of the older DeWalt 12.5" planers.
  5. kserdar

Making Wood Vertical Blinds

Now you just need to finish the trim on that window.
  6. kserdar

Lye aging for cherry

Many years ago I used oven cleaner to age cherry. Sorry I don't remember the brand ... but google it and I am sure something will show up.
  7. kserdar

Call for members to demo at Hardwood Store of NC Grand Opening

Matt, I would really like to show the laser at this Grand Opening ... but, right now that date would be right in the middle of a work trip to Monterrey MX. If my trip dates change, I will let you know ... and see if you still have a spare table for me.
  8. kserdar

Need a small piece of Padauk

Sorry, not much orange in my padauk ... mostly reds.
  9. kserdar

New guy on the block moved from Houston, TX

I moved from Spring, TX about 10 years ago. Welcome to NC.
  10. kserdar

Thiis is as close as I get

Pardon my late critic. But I think a fender over the rear wheel is needed. From the picture The fender provides two things. Protection, from the wheels, for the child legs when pushing them self and a place to rest their legs when being pushed.
  11. kserdar

Can I cut Rockler's T-track with my miter saw?

I use one of these ...
  12. kserdar

Charlotte CNC & VCarve Pro Help

Back when I first started with CNC ... you weren't finished building your machine until it broke the first router bit. Just hopefully it wasn't a really, really expensive one.
  13. kserdar

Laser etch 1095 steel

I have 3 different types of lasers (IR, Diode, CO2). Sorry no fiber (yet). What kinds of questions?
  14. kserdar

Trade your CNC work with me

I would offer, but Michael and I are about 3 minutes apart.
  15. kserdar

3D Illusion PNG Files

For those wondering about the xtool D1 ... after a trip to my shop, it now works and will hopefully start being used to its full potential.
  16. kserdar

Laser Cut 3D Mandala

That must have taken forever with a 10W laser ... How long did it take?
  17. kserdar

Laser Cut 3D Mandala

Since these are laser cut, you have better options for alignment. "Glue up is a little tedious. I made a jig with 3 points I’d contact to keep them aligned." Have the laser cut round (1/8", 3/16", 1/4". etc) holes at a spot that is solid in all layers. Fill the holes with dowels, fluted dowel...
  18. kserdar

3D Illusion PNG Files

Comparing the D1 to Glowforge isn't Apples to Apples. Compare the xTool P2 to Glowforge and you will get a better comparison. So we don't hijack this thread. I will send you a PM about getting the D1 fixed.
  19. kserdar

3D Illusion PNG Files

I am curious why you stated xTool was bad? I currently own both xTool and Glowforge.
  20. kserdar

Fiber Lasers...

Will it cut 1.2mm silver, copper or brass?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS