Search results

1. U

Breaker question? GFCI? Oh my....

Thanks guys. I think I will put an actual GFCI outlet as the first outlet in each circuit. Easier to replace that way also (if the GFCI goes bad.)
  2. U

Thanks guys. The breaker is only $7.95 at Lowes and Home Depot. Pretty cheap. Even a cheap GFCI outlet is $12-$15. So it was odd to me that a GFCI breaker was only $8. If this is all I need then great, I'm just not sure?
  3. U

Morning. I just bought a home in Indian Land, SC (I work in North Charlotte.) There are no outlets in garage other than one on back wall and the one for garage door opener. My plan is to add some surface mount outlets (20 AMP.) I know they have to be GFCI protected. This is the 20 AMP...
  4. U

ALDI Chisels in stock at Charlotte area Aldi’s

Grabbing some stuff for the hurricane yesterday and saw the jigsaw also. Looks really nice for $24. I couldn't resist....
  5. U

ALDI Chisels in stock at Charlotte area Aldi’s

Just grabbed two sets today. They had a ton in the Matthews area.
  6. U

Shop help, trade for lessons,Wood,or tools

Mike and Raymond, I apologize for last minute cancellation. I just got home from work and may have to go in tomorrow.
  7. U

$35 wet-dry grinder at Lidl

Paul Sellers wrote on his BLOG a couple years ago that they were the same chisels, but had a different name. He even showed pictures side by side: (Workzone vs Powerfix)
  8. U

Shop help, trade for lessons,Wood,or tools

I can help Saturday (16th). I'll see if I can ride up with Raymond.
  9. U

Charlotte Meetup?

I am in Indian Trail, near Matthews. Pretty close to JohnW. I got to see Raymond's shop and spend part of the day with him. I had a blast and really appreciated it :)
  10. U

$35 wet-dry grinder at Lidl

I was just looking at the LIDL add. They are building one just a couple of miles from my house. Maybe they will carry the chisel's that Paul Sellers always talks about.
  11. U

Charlotte Meetup and Shop Crawl - Sat June 30

I would love to attend, but it is my wife's birthday, so I would be in the doghouse! Maybe next one.
  12. U

Suggested Woodworking YouTube Channels or TV Shows?

I enjoy Wood By Wright. All hand tools and techniques.
  13. U

Anyone want to build a guitar?

Definitely a good deal. I have put together a few parts casters (Telecaster) and a Les Paul kit, but have never built a body and neck. Someday......
  14. U

Shaker Side Table

Jak3, is that a Paul Sellers workbench in the corner?
  15. U

Beginner.....oops....Mallet Head messed up.

Thanks. I am mesmerized by watching Paul Sellers. If I can get 10% that good, I'll be happy. I do like power tools also, so I guess I want the best of both worlds.
  16. U

Thank you sir! I will do my best to come, but not sure yet if I can make it. There are a couple things in the hopper (work) that I may need to deal with that weekend.
  17. U

Hi Scott. I bought a #4 hand plane I found locally for $8. It is a Corsair (Great Neck.) Needs to be set up though and I have no idea. Haven't dug into it yet. Raymond lives near me and said he would give me a hand with setting it up and with a band saw setup.
  18. U

That’s exactly what I was using. What? You guys don’t saw as fast as me?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors