Search results

1. pcooper

Porter Cable 6902 Router

I have three router tables that have all used the porter cable 6902 motor. I like that unit for a router table, especially when it has dust collection in the cabinet. The issue I have is there doesn't seem to be any new router motors being made and haven't for a while now. Also parts are getting...
  2. pcooper

Aromatic Cedar Wanted

I'm looking for a somewhat local to me source for Aromatic Cedar, like you would use for a cedar chest. Would like material that is 3/4" thick and larger pieces in width and length. Do any of you know a source for that (haven't looked at Kingspor yet) that is close to the Hickory/Charlotte area...
  3. pcooper

Laser Engraving

I'm looking into the idea of moving into the laser engraving area, but would like to keep it on a budget. I would like to do simple logo work, not really into cutting so much as doing surface level lettering and pictures on the small side, at least to get going. Anyone have an entry level...
  4. pcooper

Two FREE Cabinets - Gone to a good home!!

I have two cabinets, fairly small, but in pretty good shape for someone's shop. I also have a piece of a counter top that has been used with these. I no longer need them and do need to give them to someone that needs a small bit of storage. These are free but you must come pick them up at my...
  5. pcooper

PICKED UP - FREE WOOD Rough cut wood, I think is Hickory

I have some wood that will either go to the burn pile or can go to someone that wants to pick this up. I have 8 boards that are 5 1/2" wide, 6+ feet in length, and 5/4 thick or better that I acquired from somewhere, (it's been a while) and I don't want to use it nor store it. This is heavy wood...
  6. pcooper

For Sale: Delta slow speed reversible bench sharpening grinder

I have this Delta sharpener that I ran across while cleaning, haven't used it lately, haven't needed it, and it needs a good home where it will be enjoyed for what it is. It works fine, I'm not real sure how old it is, but I know it's only been lightly used. It has a place for water to sit in a...
  7. pcooper

Milescraft sign-making kit SOLD

This sign making kit has been used one time, and I am pretty sure all the parts are here, this is a fairly large kit. I want to let this go ~cheap~. Asking $30 for this, and I am willing to ship this for cost of postage. Since I have a CNC I surely don't need it, and would love to see someone...
  8. pcooper

Sold - Router Inlay kit

I have a never used router inlay kit from Milescraft that I would like to sell ~cheap~ All the parts are here and in the original box. This is something that could be shipped for postage costs. I'm asking $25 for this, forgot what I paid for it, but is going to be a deal for someone that would...
  9. pcooper

SOLD-Newer Craftsman Radial Arm Saw $200

I have a radial arm saw that I'd like to sell, this tool has seen very little use in the years I've had it. It is not one of the Emerson recalled ones. it has a feed motor that allows for controlled pulling across the cut, three settings and a trigger that allows for 'in between' settings. It...
  10. pcooper

Band Saw Bearings

I didn't want to hijack the other bandsaw thread, but I have a question that Bruce's answer sparked. I did the upgrade on my Rikon bandsaw, it now has sealed bearings for the guides which i like...for the most part. The lower set however seize with sawdust, and they're sealed. I've replaced them...
  11. pcooper

Jorgensen Clamps on sale

I found the 4 pack of Jorgensen clamps on sale at Lowes again today, if you like these and need more, and who doesn't have enough clamps, here is a chance to get them on sale again. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Jorgensen-4-Pack-Assorted-3700-series-Bar-Clamp/1000988480
  12. pcooper

Inlace question

I'm trying Inlace for the first time, and would like to use it on flat surfaces instead of in turnings as do most of the projects I've seen. My first run didn't turn out as expected, but I figured I'd be learning with it anyway. My question has to do with the color of the Inlace bleeding into...
  13. pcooper

My New CNC machine

Some months ago I asked a question of this group on CNC machines and specifically the Inventables unit that has hit the market. I got some insightful responses,( as I expected), most of which drove me away from that machine toward something bigger. The problem with that is price, and most...
  14. pcooper

X-Carve by Inventables

I'm looking at CNC routers...and being very new to this area of work I really don't know what I'm looking at when I look at them. I've found the X-Carve by Inventables that has a pretty nice machine for about an ok price for what you get and/or configure. I have questions that I would like to...
  15. pcooper

Custom Chess boards project

It's been a long while since I posted any projects, so I figured these would be a nice re-entry. I was asked to make some custom chess boards, and I could use my own design ideas...pretty open to me for what I like. I've got three posted in my gallery with several more pictures, but will show...
  16. pcooper

Osborne Miter Gauge

A recent thread sparked my interest in the Osborne miter gauge, and I sure wanted to look one over before buying...but decided that since all those on here seemed to be pleased with it...I bit the bullet and bought one. It came in the mail the other day and today I manage to get some time to get...
  17. pcooper

Lamination success!!!

A few weeks ago I asked about laminating wood, needed some ideas on how to get thicker wood to get glued down to the backing...and got some cool ideas. Matter of fact, the best one was a slightly curved clamping caul that pushed across the work with pressure pretty evenly, not just on the ends...
  18. pcooper

Laminating question

I am thinking of trying to laminate very thin pieces of wood (thicker than veneer) to a backing material of some sort. The wood thickness I would be working with is about 3/16th or so, maybe thinner, and I thought about putting it to thin plywood. I've tried to do veneer, but my work turns out...
  19. pcooper

Can you ID this wood?

I made a pen out of a blank that came in a box of misc. blanks...all kinds of pretty wood, most of which I know by sight. This one surprised me though, is quite pretty, but I've no idea what it is. I can't seem to find any pictures online that look like it either. This is very soft, seems to be...
  20. pcooper

Need help with ID on wood

I've got some boards I've been trying to plane, they're hard as anything I've ever tried to work. I'm not sure what they are, and hope someone here has an idea based on the planed and unplaned surfaces I've got in photos. I put new knives in my planer this morning, they're already so dull they...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS