Search results

1. D

Still a "New Member" After 5 years and 11 posts?

I've posted more lately, went to a lunch and graduated to getting some stuff for 16,000 secret plans.... regards. new angry user
  2. D

Multifit blades: superior service

I looked on Amazon. The 50 pack of wood blades is tempting. Nails always seem to be a problem working on the old stuff. I restored windows for a while and there were nails everywhere. I came to love my plastic handled craftsman chisels
  3. D

Multifit blades: superior service

Doing restoration work on old houses the oscillating saw became an indispensable tool. But man o man the blade costs are killer. So is this the best deal. I assume you got japanese saw teeth wood blades....
  4. D

Empty garage!

There's a "small shop" group on Facebook if you're into that. I've spent the last couple of years messing around in a 15x25 garage and it's awful small and awful. Here are some little gems that I came to believe in. Mobile bases with locking wheels are good. Leave the walls free--this allows...
  5. D

Wood ID??

I once specified spanish cedar for a window job and the architect wanted to know which species. That sorta pissed me off. But I did notice in delivered loads that there were some boards that were dense, heavy and worthy and others that were quite punky and resembled luan. The unmistakeable...
  6. D

sphere jig

I've always been interested in these jigs since they appeared. A ways back I would try to turn spheres by eye and they were pretty bad. Considering larger runs of spheres I would definitely invest in a jig. But there's something about turning that compels me to learn the process and master the...
  7. D

Shop Build

Oka, I can't find private messaging on this site. My email is devindascher@gmail. Let me know when I could give you a call.
  8. D

Shop Build

Thanks Oka.
  9. D

Shop Build

I may be building soon. Does anyone have a notion of square foot costs? I looked up national averages for garages and it was $49sqft. I assume that is uninsulated without extensive electrics and insulation.
  10. D

RDU lunch this Friday - Sept 20

How do you tell who the woodworkers are when you get to the pub?
  11. D

Acceptable length for Workbench Overhang

Chris Swharz has a couple of great books on benches. There's a design one too. I restored windows from 2006 'til 2013 and was dying for a good bench that would hold various size sash. The euro bench did the trick. One important feature was to have the legs flush with the sides for clamping. Did...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors