Search results

1. riverstwo

Woodblock printing

I forget how I stumbled across this guy but I really like his stuff. I could definitely use a dose of his meticulousness.... His story is pretty cool too. Here's a link if you're interested. Thanks for posting.
  2. riverstwo

Need Some Joinery Help

Hello all, I'm working on this entryway table and have been going back and forth on the joinery for the lower shelf. The shelf is 7" wide and the grain on it and the stretcher it attaches to run in opposite directions. I think trough-mortises on the support stretchers would be the strongest but...
  3. riverstwo

Help with laying out curved chair back

I'll give that a shot, thanks!
  4. riverstwo

Help with laying out curved chair back

I'm building a morris chair with the back slats curved slightly and could use some pointers on laying out the tenons on them. The slats are glue laminated, and my original intent was to lay out the shoulders on the tenons on the end of them using the bending form itself. The pencil drawing on...
  5. riverstwo

Anyone else interested in a Saw Sharpening Workshop?

I would absolutely be interested if there's room. I've been sharpening my own with mixed results...
  6. Cutting the mortise in the top, also, gratuitous chisel and mallet shot...

Cutting the mortise in the top, also, gratuitous chisel and mallet shot...

7. My first handtool project, a walnut bookcase

My first handtool project, a walnut bookcase

8. No.5 and Gift Box

No.5 and Gift Box

I restored this and made the box for a friend
  9. My shop with Dutch Chest

My shop with Dutch Chest

10. Staked Chair with Dutch Chest

Staked Chair with Dutch Chest

11. Pecan Slab and Whiskey Barrel Bar

Pecan Slab and Whiskey Barrel Bar

12. Roubo Bookstand

Roubo Bookstand

13. riverstwo

I'm going to look at this lathe, can you guys help me out with some things to look for?

Thanks Stuart! I'm checking out the the NC Furniture school website now...
  14. riverstwo

I'm going to look at this lathe, can you guys help me out with some things to look for?

So...everything from both Bill and Roy's recommendations checked out (thanks again!) and I ended up buying it. I ordered a few tools and am like a kid on christmas eve waiting for them to come in.
  15. riverstwo

Thank you, this is extremely helpful. I was thinking 250 as well. I was pretty close to buying another lathe of the same model last year for 200, but it didn't have the stand or step pulleys with it.
  16. riverstwo

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/d/chapel-hill-delta-wood-lathe/6866381616.html I'm going to look at this this afternoon, I've been reading up on the model a little bit but was wondering if anyone had any specific experience with them or maybe common issues to look for? Any help is...
  17. riverstwo

Do you put anything over Milk Paint?

I milk painted my tool chest as well. I tested a few finishes on some scrap and settled on a coat of BLO then some paste wax.
  18. riverstwo

Just finished my Dutch Tool Chest

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it. The front piece is a fall front. There's a piece of oak that goes through a mortise in the top shelf then through the two walnut brackets on the front and into the bottom lip. This secures the front well, it can't be opened with the top locked, but also lets...
  19. riverstwo

Just finished my Dutch Tool Chest

Thank you! Pat Trotter is who I buy my lumber from, he's in the Fayetteville area and has a lot of air-dried stock at really reasonable prices. I can PM his contact info if you're interested.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS