Search results

1. T

Is there a suitable, cost effective replacement for cypress?

Afternoon, I have been attempting to find a suitable, affordable replacement for cypress, which I use for outdoor furniture and stuff. Cypress has become obscenely expensive if you can find it. Thanks for you input. Tony
  2. T

Drawer slide set back from front of cabinet?

No sir, they are not.
  3. T

Evening and thanks for the reply. I should have added in my initial post that that is what I was considering doing. I read way more than I wanted to on various blogs and DIY sites. I think about ~1/16 is what I was going to go for unless someone here had better insight. I made a small spacer...
  4. T

Evening, I purchased a number of Knape/Vogt drawer slides, KV TT100, 22" for mounting in our kitchen cabinets. I cannot find anywhere the setting for how far back from the front edge of the cabinet these are to be set? Our cabinets are frameless style and the "false" drawer fronts will overlay...
  5. T

Wanted: 4x4x8 or 5x5x8 Rough textured Hemlock of Pine post

Looking to replace some existing post on a log home and these seem to be hard to come across. Would prefer Hemlock if possible. Trying not to have to travel too far from Raleigh\Durham area but gotta do what ya gotta do. Thanks, TS
  6. T

Kitchen cabinet drawer spacing, layout

Afternoon, All this info and I may learn something yet! Same to you and thanks again! Tony
  7. T

Afternoon Jack and thanks for the info. I did not know about the bottom and top clearance requirements so that certainly helps! I have more questions but will hit you up later. Regards, Tony
  8. T

Morning, hope this finds you all doing well! I am beginning the process to build a series of lower/upper cabinets for our kitchen. The cabinets will be without face frames. The uppers I think I have a handle on, pretty much. The lowers are where I am stuck a bit. We want a couple of lower...
  9. T

Experience with "French Cleats" for hanging kitchen cabinets?

Morning, I am looking for feedback, examples and useful tips for using this method of hanging new kitchen cabinets. We are rejuvenating a part of our home and I thought it would be cool to use this method. I plan to build the cabinets, uppers and lowers as well face frames using the Kreg Jig. I...
  10. T

Best method to put together cabinets/shelves

Morning, thanks for the info! I have this compulsion to over engineer so I was leaning towards the 2x6 but I also want to keep it as simple and effective as possible. I was not sure if 2x6 would be over kill and whether or not the width should be equal for both parts. Last thing I want is to...
  11. T

Thanks very much for all of your input, suggestions. I ended up going with "pocket holes" for all the joinery. It came out much better than what I had thought it would, and was relatively quick and painless, once I remembered to mark which side of which board got the pocket holes..:0) I picked...
  12. T

All, I am preparing to make a dozen or so cabinets/shelf units (craft storage for the Mrs) with adjustable shelves as well as fixed shelves into which will go a number of drawers. I have read varies articles/books/how to's on joining the cases together. Rabbets, dados, biscuits (do not have the...
  13. T

Where to find affordable, quality plywood

I do not use plywood much and did not realize it had become so expensive. I suppose the quality difference warrants the higher price. Thanks for the information, I will pay them a visit. Tony.
  14. T

Where to find affordable, quality plywood

Evening, Could someone point me to a good place to purchase affordable 4x8 sheets of 1/2 and 3/4 thick hardwood and/or pine plywood? I have checked out the BORG offerings and for the most part they are KRAP. If I have to travel a considerable distance I will but local would be great. I have...
  15. T

Picnic Menu - List updated 5/16

Re: Picnic Menu - List updated 5/7 Will bring some potato salad, deviled eggs and brownies. Tony.
  16. T

Which wood is good for turning a simple carvers mallet?

Evening all, I am getting back into turning after a long absence from it, I am really not much past a beginner, the basics down, continuing to learn. I was given 4-5 pieces of dogwood, 4-5" diameter and 15-16" long to try my hand with (so about firewood size). They had been sitting out for a...
  17. T

Expandable Round Dining Table

That is pretty darn amazing...
  18. T

Hope Chest with Chris's Curly Maple

Wow, that is just down right great!!
  19. T

Couple more cutting blocks

Awesome work, beautiful! ..I am planning on making a couple like the stiped one, any advise, tips, for someone who has never made one of these? Thanks! Tony.
  20. T

Hi again, all!!

Just re-introducing myself, I have been out of commission for quiet a while, on and off again health issues (way too many) plus being laid off (which did not help the health issues), trying to find a new job...Seems when it rains sometimes it certainly does pour!! But thankfully, all that is...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS