Search results

1. C

Where can I buy 1/4 and 1/2 inch wood?

I've been working with my scrollsaw, I'm new to it and smaller projects call for smaller wood. It makes sense. But I can't buy anything wider than 6 inches at lowes or home depot, it's only hardwoods, I dont have a planer and dont intend to buy one. I'm new to this and I've just got no idea...
  2. C

Buying a bandsaw

I'm still pretty new to the forum so forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I'm trying to put together a small workshop at my house because I've always wanted to get into woodworking as a hobby that might turn into something more and I'm looking for some advice on buying a bandsaw...
  3. C

Choosing a miter saw and blade

I need some advice about buying a miter saw and a blade, there are a lot to choose from and I want a quality one that doesn't cost $600. I'm sure some of it depends on what kind of wood I'll be cutting but I'll probably be cutting softwoods and hardwoods for making outdoor furniture, birdhouses...
  4. C

Prevent screws from splitting?

I'm new to the forum. I'm hoping to be able to get into woodworking more this year and my girlfriend and I are wanting to make some adirondack chairs hopefully in the next few months. I've worked with wood quite a bit over the years but one thing I've never really investigated is why wood ends...
  5. C

New to the forum

My name is Charles. I've worked with all kinds of materials and built things but I've always preferred working with wood more. I have some experience but probably not as much as other people here and have questions about how to do certain things properly or in the best way. I'm always willing to...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS