Search results

1. S

Wide Boards

Today I picked up from a very generous neighbor approximately 118 bd ft of black walnut, 7 ft length, 5/4 thick and 216 bd ft of white oak, 8 ft length, 3/4 thick. :gar-La; Some of these boards are 18 inches wide, no knots. It has been stacked with 1" spacers between each layer in his barn...
  2. S

Wlanut Lumber

Almost 2 years ago a neighbor ask me if I would be interested in cutting some walnut trees near a building he was planning to burn. I said yes, grabbed by chainsaw and started cutting. Had the logs sawed into 1 and 2 inch thick pieces. Results was about 300 board feet of good to excellent walnut...
  3. S

finishing mahogany

Have recently acquired a few pieces of mahogany lumber of which I plan to use for wood turnings, probably bowls. Would like to hear from some of you on how you may have finished such. Stains? Sealers? Final finish? :tinysmile_classes_t
  4. S

Bandsaw

I am planning to replace my 12" Craftsman Bandsaw sometime after the New Year :-) . Would like to hear feedback from anyone who owns a bandsaw, the things you like about it :drunken_s and the things you would prefer were different :crybaby2: . Planning on at least a 14", maybe more.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors