Search results

1. P

Dust Collection: Oneida Supercell High-Pressure Dust Collectors

I have one. It is loud, but I can run it in my basement with my kids asleep on the other side of the house and not wake them up! I have the 50gal drum so it takes me a long time to fill it up. Sucks up everything. Use it with 4 and 2.5 inch hoses. Love the small footprint too.
  2. P

Bookcase - WIP

That’s a great way to store the bits and countersinks. I think my hole was too shallow. I’ve definitely learned my lesson! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. P

Bookcase - WIP

Not once [emoji30] can you give some more detail on how that would be done? That sounds much better than brass screws that can break off even using wax and screwdriver to drive them in. Not that that happened to me 3x on this project. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. P

Bookcase - WIP

Thanks, John. I ended up going with one screw through each slat into the shelves. There's no glue where the slats meet the case sides, top, and bottom. With a 1/16" gap at least between the slats, I'm hoping this thing doesn't explode this summer!
  5. P

Bookcase - WIP

Finally finished! I think this was one of my longer projects. Trying new joinery for me and setting it up took some time. It was worth it, and I learned a lot. Here are a few WIP pics, but as I neared the finished line my mindfulness to take pics diminished rapidly. Here is the face frame glue...
  6. P

Bookcase - WIP

No…the blowout occurred when routing. I thought about using a wood backer but realized it would be covered with the face frame later. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. P

Bookcase - WIP

Thanks! The Oneida was a perfect fit for my size shop and tools. As another poster mentioned, the flex hose is a beast to move. I've shortened the portion of the hose that I move between the bandsaw, planer, and jointer. However, my shop is small enough to do that, and I have the system...
  8. P

Bookcase - WIP

We used General Finishes HP Topcoat in Satin on our other piece and liked the way it turned out. I wanted to avoid the amber tint with the oil base, after showing my wife two samples. She is the sprayer though. She lays it on with a Fuji 3 turbine sprayer. She loves it!
  9. P

Bookcase - WIP

I thought I'd post some work in progress photos of the bookcase I promised to my wife two years ago! I've been building it with maple to match a credenza I built at the end of 2021. I'm using this Finewoodworking article as the design. Elegant Bookcase, Top to Bottom - FineWoodworking Ever since...
  10. P

Wrestling a Dead Anaconda!

That's what I did, Rory. The length of hose from my junction is about 12 or 13 feet. Still a beast but more manageable.
  11. P

Wrestling a Dead Anaconda!

I have one and that is an understatement. I think I saw Christian Becksvoort say it was as flexible as a 2x4. My shop is small, so I ran the flexible tubing across the basement ceiling over my table saw to a junction where I then have a run I can move to all my other machines like bandsaw...
  12. P

Need recommendations of designers and/or firms to help with Kitchen and minor home renovations

My wife and I are renovating our kitchen and possibly some porch/outdoor space soon, and we were hoping you all would know of firms or folks that can help with design work as well as most of the contractor work. We live in the Triad area, specifically Winston-Salem. The caveat that I think will...
  13. P

Lectern Joinery

This is very helpful everyone. I'd like to add trim under the top where it meets the post - and the bottom. Whether I have the skills to do it is the real question!
  14. P

Lectern Joinery

Good idea! When setting the block, would you rely only on glue or also use screws? If I was to get a tight enough fit, I think glue would be strong enough, right? I know it will be picked up by the top all the time. Would you suggest also screwing it from the side of the posts into the block set...
  15. P

Lectern Joinery

Hey all - my church asked me to take this old lectern they found in a building they are moving into and put on a new top and refinish. As I dove into the project, the post is pine - really nice fine grain pine at that. It was assembled with nails with butt joints. The top and bottom were also...
  16. P

Potential Job Opportunity - Clemmons, NC

Good deal. I’ll send your info to her today. Thanks.
  17. P

Potential Job Opportunity - Clemmons, NC

All - a friend of mine is seeking a craftsperson (or persons!) to finish out a room at her parents' home in Clemmons. "The below image is what we are shooting for-- except there would be queen beds on top and bottom and there would be 3 total running across a 22' wall, 8' in height. The cross...
  18. P

Media Credenza Project

I finally finished this a couple of weeks ago. This was the first piece on my wife's wish list for the living room. Got a bookcase and two end tables left. You all were helpful in deciding the joinery. All of it is maple except the drawer bottoms and back which are plywood. Went with dados for...
  19. P

Technique Question

No pics unfortunately but the wife sure got a good belly laugh out of it!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS