Search results

1. LastChanceWoodshop

Free Leftover Dust Collector Parts-Sold

Hello All, I've got these bits leftover from what I believe to be an early 90s Taiwan-made dust collector: The inlet on the separator is 5". Comes with both bags. The triple wye fits a 6" dust collector port. Come get these before I have to chuck them into the abyss. JD
  2. LastChanceWoodshop

Should I Try For Better?

If you can't see it, it's not there.
  3. LastChanceWoodshop

WTB: MAG 77 Skilsaw

My Porter Cable sidewinder circular saw took a leap off the workbench and the base is tweaked to un-usability. So, I'm looking at an upgrade. Anyone have a magnesium worm drive Skilsaw collecting dust in their shop?
  4. LastChanceWoodshop

I need a few parts made from aluminum and brass.

Taylor, just a thought. . .if you have a good set why not acquire a second "good set"? I see tilties on Facebook marketplace pretty frequently. At this point that saw is 3 times older than either you or I. So, if it lasted a whole lifetime already, maybe you could pass the second set of...
  5. LastChanceWoodshop

Garage Door Insulation Project

Looks Excellent Jeff! I am incredibly jealous of your woodstove. . . .
  6. LastChanceWoodshop

Source for 20' 2x8s ?

You guys are awesome. Your suggestions are already more valuable than the best google had to offer!
  7. LastChanceWoodshop

Source for 20' 2x8s ?

I forgot to add that I'm running electrical inside of it for surround speakers, not a bad idea though. Will give BMC a try in Greensboro, thanks for the suggestion!
  8. LastChanceWoodshop

Source for 20' 2x8s ?

I'm building a faux stained beam for my living room with a span of 16' 4". I'd like to keep it to one piece if possible. Anyone know of a source? Does Canfor sell small quantities?
  9. LastChanceWoodshop

Suggestion on Hold Fasts

I've got the Grammercy style. They work well!
  10. LastChanceWoodshop

Sold - 2X 8" Craftsman (King Seeley) saw project needs a new home

The time has come to pass this project on to someone who will finish it (or needs parts). Included are two saws, one dual shaft motor 3/4 HP 3450 RPM motor, 4 "waffle-style" cast iron wings, 2 fences, and 2 miter gauges, and 4 metal legs. Asking $100 for the lot, pickup in Graham NC. Jason
  11. LastChanceWoodshop

WTB - Quiet compressor advice

I have a Makita big bore MAC700 that is really quiet. It also has an oil bath compressor with a cast iron housing.
  12. LastChanceWoodshop

Lovingly Remembered

Phil, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. You have my sympathy and my prayers for peace.
  13. LastChanceWoodshop

Process steps to keep holes true?

Dave, Apologies, I misunderstood your question. I have been drilling the hole first and then using a live center in the tail stock for the actual turning.
  14. LastChanceWoodshop

I haven't been drilling off the lathe. So far I've marked the center and center punched it, then drilled with the tail stock
  15. LastChanceWoodshop

Hope everyone had a joyous Christmas! I tapped my mediocre turning skills to make a whistle for my daughter. She loved it, bit it took a couple of tries to get a concentric hole down the axis of the whistle. I'm using a Craftsman lathe with a Nova chuck and drilling with the tailstock. I...
  16. LastChanceWoodshop

Cord Repair

Well done!
  17. LastChanceWoodshop

Cord Repair

You will have to double check the diameter of the barrel connector, but something like this should replace your cord: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MDBPTLG/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_apa_i_xCf-DbDSVMWG0
  18. LastChanceWoodshop

Cord Repair

Straight wire with prongs, or small black box that plugs in to the wall? If the latter, the box will have a label that lists the input and output. Look for an adapter that has the same rating. Or post a picture and I will see if I can help.
  19. LastChanceWoodshop

Cord Repair

If it's the model with the magnetic base and the DC adapter, you can match the name plate rating on the wall wart with something from Amazon. Maybe $10? Does it have a DC adapter or an AC cord?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors