Search results

1. warrierr

Large KD turning blanks? (12x12x4 or larger)

Thank you! I just ordered and received my first shipment from got wood? And I'm happy with the blanks! Realty fast shipping and Their select blanks have a good amount of figure in them. Thanks for the suggestion!
  2. warrierr

Lathe bench/cabinet design ideas

A little late on this thread but this is design from popular woodworking appealed to me: https://www.popularwoodworking.com/projects/ultimate-lathe-stand/
  3. warrierr

Turning blanks.net and they seem pretty reasonable prices for domestic
  4. warrierr

I was able to find some 12x4 KD Sapele on turning blanks.net. I don't usually look for KD blanks that big but If I had more time for this client, I would have turned green. Thanks all!
  5. warrierr

Hey folks, I know there have been several threads already regarding local sources for turning blanks but I'm looking for a handful of large, kiln-dried turning blanks (12x12x4" or larger) in the triangle region (or available to ship). Preferably domestic woods (maple, cherry, pecan etc.), burls...
  6. warrierr

Bowl Turning Blanks/Price reduced

Hi David, can you please private message me his contact info? I'm new to the forum and not sure how to do that yet. Thanks
  7. Cedar arbor/pergola

Cedar arbor/pergola

Thanks to all the folks on this forum for the great advice in helping building this. Three weekends later, it\'s finally complete!
  8. warrierr

Cedar posts for Arbor/Pergola - green or KD?

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the sketchup! My plan was to use more cedar for the upper structure - probably 2x4s. I'm pretty stoked for this project! Thanks for everyone's advice. This forum is amazing!
  9. warrierr

haha that's fair but I'd be a fool to let my wife know that �� Anyway , my plan is adapted from the southeast landscape design book and it's across between a pergola and arbor, if you go by strict definitions. Attached is a photo of the plan.
  10. warrierr

Thank you Dennis! I'm a newb so, pardon the ignorance: what part of the ERC/WRC large fence posts (4x4 or larger) generally sawn from? Are they from all layers, rift sawn in perpendicular direction?
  11. warrierr

We're planning on growing muscadine grapes on the trellis so maybe they'll stick to just pollinating the grape flowers :)
  12. warrierr

Murphy bed is finally complete

That's super cool! Now my wife wants one in our guest bedroom
  13. warrierr

Also, how much do their 4x4 or 6x6 posts sell for? I couldn't find a pricing sheet on their website and I suspect they might be closed. Thanks!
  14. warrierr

Hi Scott, that's what I've heard too. Have you had clients who have experience building arbors?
  15. warrierr

Thats great insight! However, I've heard cedar is naturally resistant to termites. An alternative would be to grout to surface and bolt the posts in place. Have you done one or the other? Have you had better luck with one or the other?
  16. warrierr

Thanks for the quick response! I assumed people on this forum would have had experience building arbors. I wouldn't really want loose bolts with all the rafters above my head. From what I've read up, cedar is supposed to have low shrinkage and hygroscopic. Have you built any arbors with KD...
  17. warrierr

Good morning, I'm building an arbor/pergola for my wife and, I plan on using 4x4 or 6x6 cedar posts, 8-10' long (2' below sub grade). Lowe's sells these posts for a reasonable price ($45 a piece) but, they are green. I have not worked with green lumber before so I'm wondering how much warping...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS