Search results

1. M

Help needed

I use inkscape. Inkscape has a G-code add on, to create the g-code. Use Gcode sender to send the file to GRBL. Or, open the file in Inkscape (free program), it has an add on to create G-code. save the g-code file, then using G-code sender send it to GRBL.
  2. Osage Orange

Osage Orange

3. M

New used lathe - Rigid WL1200LS - what parts do I need to start?

You are correct. I went back and checked where I bought a live center, and it was #1 Morse Taper. My Apologies.
  4. M

New used lathe - Rigid WL1200LS - what parts do I need to start?

I too have the Craftsman version of this lathe. it works, just OK. The tube "bed" doesn't seem to work as well as the other type, ya just got to mess with it until you get it right. It's better than nothing for a start, It uses a 2MT taper for tooling. I don't have a chuck either, but don't use...
  5. M

Looking for Deck / Porch flooring .

Contact Brandon Yeargen at advantage lumber. Very helpful and knowledgable.
  6. M

Top 5 Stationary Power Tools

1. Table saw 2. Drill Press 3. 12 inch disk sander (I built) 4. Jointer/planer combo 5. Dust collector (home built) I have a Lathe I purchased later, but haven't used it much. The dust collector and disk sander were 2 must haves on my list.
  7. M

A great success!

Great Time today with all of the NCWW crew. Thanks Adam! The food was great, not to mention the great prizes as well as the great people and friendship. Thanks again to all of the Great people and a special thanks to the Church for providing the Venue, as well as everyone who donated the great...
  8. M

Glove reviews

These are my go to gloves. Goatskin work gloves. Price isn't bad either. I have several pairs. they usually get messed up before they wear out. https://www.harborfreight.com/riding-stable-work-gloves-large-99583.html
  9. M

Converting a 6-20P plug to fit a 14-30R receptacle.

You will need a 2 pole breaker. 20 amp. Looks like cutler hamer find the 30 amp breaker that goes to the outlet. remove it and replace with the new 20 amp. The 2 double breakers look like the ones. you will need ones that look just like them except rated for 20 amps instead.
  10. M

1MT pen Mandrel

If anyone going to the picnic has a Pen mandrel for a #1MT they want to part with, let me know. If not I will buy one after the picnic. For some reason the #1MT is more expensive... go figure.
  11. M

Converting a 6-20P plug to fit a 14-30R receptacle.

the 14-30 R is a 30 amp plug that has line 1 line 2 neutral, and a ground. if you are running 220 single phase, which I'm sure you are..... you would connect everything but the neutral terminal. you are using a 20 amp plug, my recommendation would be to change the plug out at the box to a 6-20R...
  12. M

First real attempt

excellent!
  13. M

Hey there

Welcome Neighbor!
  14. M

Newbee to the forum

nice work blankman, I especially like the boat shelf!
  15. M

Craftsman Table Saw Extension Wing

I thought about that too, but decided to put a sanding station there instead! Working on an new saw cabinet, and have storage underneath for all of the sanding supplies, plus dust collection for the sanding station will be easy to incorporate into my DC for the table saw.
  16. M

Who's bringing what to mid winter blahs picnic?

Sawman, If you need any help setting up, I am one of the closer ones of the group, just let me know. You can PM me or I can give you my number.
  17. M

Hello!

Welcome to the group. Lots of good knowledge here, and many who use or prefer hand tools. Post pics of projects we always like to see the works of others.
  18. M

Who's bringing what to mid winter blahs picnic?

I will bring some assorted sodas, and some donuts. Coffee available?
  19. M

Comment by 'MichaelSC' in media 'Bikes'

Nice to know there are other riders here!
  20. M

And yet another Newbie to the group!

Welcome!!!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors