Search results

1. N

Segmented bowl

This my 4th attempt at a segmented bowl. 72 pieces plus the base. It's 7" in diameter. Maple and walnut and cherry base. I shattered the 2nd and 3rd attempts because I made the glue area too thin at the top couple layers. I still consider myself a beginner on the lathe but gaining experience...
  2. N

Tree ID help

Thanks all! I thought it was but I need to work on my tree identification skills. Unfortunately I won't be able to make the picnic due to our kid's dance recital and another's baseball game. If anyone is interested in picking some up, let me know or if you're able to transport some to the...
  3. N

Tree ID help

I'm in the process of taking a few trees down and keeping some of the wood to use for various things. Any advice on what this might be?
  4. N

Raffle Winners

Hi Robert, would you be able to pick mine up when you go? The counter sink bits. My parents live in Cary and my dad could come by and pick them up sometime this week. Feel free to message me and we can work out details. If not, I'll work it out with Phil about shipping
  5. N

Raffle Winners

Bought a few rounds of tickets the last few years with no luck, but no big deal since it's helping out the site. I'm happy to have won something this year! Thanks to all who put these together and the individual/companies that donated items! Looks like I won the Amana counter sink bits. How do...
  6. N

Sliding barn door question

Thanks for all the inputs! I just had another thought. What if I were to use a plywood or MDF "core", resaw the rails and stiles to 1/2" thick and the slats to about 1/4" and attach these to the plywood/MDF. This would all essentially be a false front and back. The slats wouldn't need to be...
  7. N

To clarify, it's not like tongue and groove. The panel pieces will span the whole width and length of the door And the frame will just attach on top of it
  8. N

Hi all! I'm building a set of sliding barn doors for a coworker of my wife's. I'm using ash and the dimensions will be 96x32. Here is what the design is supposed to be. My plan is to make the outer frame and glue up the diagonals in pieces to make a large panel then flush trim it to match...
  9. N

Tightbond glue close out

I called the Salisbury store this evening and customer service said they had 30 something left. Got there about 45 minutes later and employees said someone bought all their stock yesterday. I should’ve known better than to trust whatever their inventory says
  10. N

rough oak for sale

Ron is this lumber still available? I'd be interested in it
  11. N

For sale: 3-HP Jet Cabinet Saw with 52" micro-adjust fence, router lift, and router cabinet -- $600 (SOLD)

If that sale happens to fall through I'd be interested in checking it out.
  12. N

Bandsaw drift

+1 on the woodcraft bands. I just tried them out based on recommendations in another post here. I'm pretty new to the bandsaw but they seem to be on par with the timberwolf blades I tried. I have a 17" grizzly also and set up using the Snodgrass method. I have not had issues with drift...
  13. N

Bradford pear

I'd be interested also. Or some pieces to make planks out of. I work in Winston
  14. N

Another game of tree identification

I'm not sure how long it had been cut down for but it was laying around in the person's yard and then in my driveway for a few weeks before I got to it
  15. N

Thanks for the suggestions. That coloring is present throughout the whole piece. Is sap wood more susceptible to rot? It still feels really solid and not spongey
  16. N

I was really surprised when I cut into it. I can't wait to use it. It will be used for some boxes at some point
  17. N

Hi all. I picked up some free wood and have been resawing into planks to start drying out. I'm not sure what species it is though. My thoughts were some kind of hickory or pecan maybe? I don't have pictures of the leaves or fruits. Any help is appreciated!
  18. N

Free Rolls of Laminate on CLT CL

I might be interested in what you don't use. I'm in mt.pleasant, not too far from Kannapolis
  19. N

Raleigh to Charlotte Metro Area

Thanks. I'll be in Cary next weekend visiting my parents anyway. It'll probably be easier if I swing by Phil's and pick it up since I'll be close by, already cleared it with him. If I need to bring anyone else's item back to the Charlotte area next weekend let me know.
  20. N

Raleigh to Charlotte Metro Area

Raymond, I plan on picking up my item next weekend and coming back into town on the 24th. I live in mt. Pleasant. I could bring yours back too if you'd like, but not sure if have Christmas activities going on that evening. Let me know

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors