Search results

1. Tom Queen

Dust Collector

i'll have a Jet 1440 220 service in about 6 months available. Going to sell for about 4-500$.
  2. Tom Queen

Heart Pine Finishing...with what

I will do...and thanks....
  3. Tom Queen

wow...great information if not now some time in the future. Thanks. Chris
  4. Tom Queen

I've read that thread twice and they are refinishing I'm already down to raw wood.
  5. Tom Queen

You are giving me HOPE.....I was thinking of Minwax because I really like the way it turns out. Do you have a finish picture? Do you have any water or heat spots? I have kids and they don't always remember to use plate mats to absorb the heat from soup bowls. Is your poly a satin, semi or...
  6. Tom Queen

Okay I tried researching for an answer and found pleanty of internet todos and not do. Even talked with my local store and not sure they want to give me advise because of the Heart Pine and possible pitchiness or what i think is sap. I hit a pocket of sap it was try but yellow dust was tacky...
  7. Tom Queen

My new workbench top is done (for now)

That is a nice top.
  8. Tom Queen

Welcome to the group.
  9. Tom Queen

Grand Auditorium finished...

that is nice...i would like to make some instruments and have the tools to do it... Maybe one day.
  10. Tom Queen

Finally Finished My Highboy...

Nice...you did well...
  11. Tom Queen

Garage steps and ramp

The height is 18 inches at the deck and the length is 10' 5" or 125 inches. I calculated a 7 degree at the deck which should be a 83 degree at the floor. This is the math that a friend of mine and I talked about. I also did another math equation for the floor angle to make sure it worked and...
  12. Tom Queen

Plane Restoration- Flattening Backs and Reshaping Bevels

I have several old planes that need to be reworked and need to be cleaned up is there a good place for resources to find replacement parts or instructions to restore. Thanks
  13. Tom Queen

Garage steps and ramp

https://youtu.be/A1jhGb7mg-Y
  14. Tom Queen

Garage steps and ramp

They are not too bad check out video. Anyway it was the space we were thinking about.
  15. Tom Queen

Garage steps and ramp

Here it is my completed new steps (reused steps) and new ramp for our daughter. The contractor put in the steps and and I asked them to screw it together knowing I was going to do this project; but they didn't listened except for a couple steps so I could remove the base. The hand rails were...
  16. Tom Queen

casters for Jet 1642?

I should do more research before I speak. I like those casters and maybe consider for myself at a later time.
  17. Tom Queen

casters for Jet 1642?

When I was in my smaller work shop it was suggested to me to not put my lathe on casters. I believe you will regret having your lathe on casters and turning would become more of a hassle with shakes and your work being Iglesias all over. Can you find another spot that your lathe can be...
  18. Tom Queen

Next Charlotte are Meet-Up October 21st

My apology. I just relized that this meet up was scheduled over a month ago. Hopefully I can come to the next one. Y'all have a good meetup.
  19. Tom Queen

Dust Collection Started

Nice start to your DC. I will be doing the same in the near future probably after the first of the year. Stay safe on the ladder.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS