Search results

1. J

Hegner Multimax-3 $275

For sale is a very lightly used Hegner Multimax-3 scroll saw. It comes with two full blade holders so you can easily swap back and forth between blades, and lots of brand new blades. It also comes with the owners manual, a very good book that has good information about the Multimax-3, and the...
  2. J

Hammer A3-31 Jointer/Planer

I am considering a Hammer A3-31 Jointer/Planer, is there anywhere around Raleigh that sells them that I could see it in action? Anyone here have one that could watch them use it? Thank, Jim
  3. J

Electric motor help

I recently bought a Marathon electric motor that was tested and running prior to purchase. It had a residential light switch mounted to it and I wanted to use a switch rated for the motor. To make a long story short I failed to take a picture or make a wiring diagram prior to disconnecting the...
  4. J

Table for Alan in Little Washington

This made me think of Alans adjustable height table. This one apparently walks when you push it! http://www.wouterscheublin.com/projects/walking-table/
  5. J

Band Saw Assistance with Resawing

I'm looking for someone in the Apex area that can help me out resawing a board that is 6 1/2" tall by 30" long. My 14" delta bandsaw can only go to 6 1/4" without the riser block, and a riser block kit is not in the budget currently.
  6. J

Need Core Box Bits

I have a small project that requires the use of 3 core box bits. I would normally just go buy them but in this case I don't know that I will ever use 2 of them again. Looking to use a 3/4", 15/16", and 1.5" on about 8 lf of walnut. Since they would run me about $100 for the three I am hoping to...
  7. J

Leigh Dovetail jig Raleigh CL

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/742539823.html
  8. J

Hegner Scroll Saw Raleigh Craigs list $1200

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/700394957.html
  9. J

Dovetail saw teeth setting

In me efforts to learn how to do hand-cut dovetails I ended up disabling my saw. I rented Rob Cosmans DVD on 'Mastering the Dovetail Saw' and followed his advice on tuning the saw before using it. Greta DVD by the way. I ended up over-flattening the set of my saw.:BangHead: Tried the fine...
  10. J

ChestMate Dovetail Jig - anybody?

I saw an ad for the ChestMate dovetail jig and it looks like it could be good for those with limited space/budget. Has anyone seen one in action firsthand? They have a video at http://www.praziusa.com.
  11. J

Asking for a little jointer help

I need a little help with jointing 8 ~36"x8" boards. My jointer is a 6" model and it can't handle the 8" width I have. I am in the Apex area and I can bring the boards by most any time -other- than 9-5, Mon-Fri.
  12. J

Where can I get some ammonia for fuming

Tried the search but nothing recent was found. Any ideas for the Raleigh area for getting a small quantity of concentrated ammonia?
  13. J

Delta band saw wheel bearings

Does anyone know of a local(Raleigh) source for wheel bearings for a 14" Delta band saw? I prefer local merchants even if they are a little higher in price. Also looking for a jointer blade sharpening service.
  14. J

Hardwood Floor Inlay

I completed this a few months ago. Since I am working on doing better photos I figured I would post some up. We are going to be installing hardwood floors in a few months so hopefully this will fit in to the plans. For now, it hangs on the wall. It is made from Mahogany, Black Walnut, Maple, and...
  15. J

Serving tray

Thanks to gotojeremy for the inspiration to make the serving tray. I wanted to try my hand at edge glueing and using the hand scraper on the maple, purpleheart, and wenge deck.
  16. J

What is a table saw?

OK, I know what a table saw is, but my searching hasn't helped with learning what differentiates a contractors/unisaw/cabinet saw. I want one that has good dust collection and a solid top as a minimum. Any good references out there?
  17. J

Wooden boxes, design and construction

I would like to try my hand at making wooden boxes from exotic woods. Can anyone recommend books on the subject?
  18. J

Hello from Apex

Hi, my name is Jim and I have been in Apex and woodworking for about 6 years. I have recently discovered the joys of dust collection which allows me to spend more time woodworking and less time cleaning up. I recently finished a flip-top dining/poker table and I am now onto making a full size...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors