Search results

1. D

Supermax 37x2 adequate dust collector?

I am thinking of upgrading to the supermax 37x2 drum sander and looking at the specs it says I need at least 1800 cfm. My dust collector now is no where near that so I’ll have to upgrade that as well. I would like to get some input from owners of the 37x2 and their dust collection setup for it...
  2. D

Where to find yellowheart

I am in search of about 10bf of 4/4 yellowheart if anyone knows where a man can get some please let me know. I am in western North Carolina but with the current situation don’t really want to travel to far and I don’t mind ordering and paying shipping online if I have to. I have looked at a lot...
  3. D

Edge sander recommendations

Looking for recommendations on edge sanders. Thinking about purchasing one and would like some info on ones people have or have used. some pros and cons if possible. Thanks in advance.
  4. D

Vacuum chucking

I am wanting to start using vacuum chucking on my lathe and I am not sure where to start. I have looked at the hold fast systems and they seem simple enough but I’m not sure I want to go that route I’d rather not have my air compressor running the whole time. If anyone can give me some info on...
  5. D

Wood ID.

It may be a long shot but it worked last time. Can anyone tell me what kind of wood this is looks to be an exotic.
  6. D

What kind of wood is this!

Can any one id this wood It came with a large lot of stuff I recently bought. I was just curious as to what it may be.
  7. D

Jointer advice

I have been looking at some 8in jointers, andI plan on purchasing one before to long. Iv looked at grizzly, Oliver, and Laguna. Iv looked at some reviews and forums and they all seem to talk about where they are made instead of any useful information like their performance or lack of. The...
  8. D

Segmented bowls

Some of my segmented pieces Iv done.
  9. D

Info on sharpening machines!

Iv been looking at different wet stone sharpening systems like the tormek. However I can not bring my self to spend that much on the tormek. I was really wanting to get the jet jssg-10 but I assume it is not sold in the states I can not find anywhere that sales it. I have been looking at the...
  10. D

Hey Im Dave a new member from Swain county. I enjoy turning bowls especially segmented bowls. I also like to make tables and various other projects. I am fairly new to it all I just started doing wood work back in March 2017. I look forward to getting to know you and hopefully learn some knew...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS