Search results

1. S

Paint recommendation (HVLP)

I'm sure this has been covered, but I couldn't find much on the subject. I build a drawer pedestal for our bed. My wife wants it painted. I have a cheap HVLP (Rockler) that I haven't used yet, but that is beside the point. If you decide on a paint finish, what type of paint do you usually...
  2. S

Progress on my renewed interest in wood working.

First off, I'm rather proud of myself this evening. I took a rough cut block of what I think is mahogany and milled it into 4 book matched boards. That is a first for me. I just purchased a DW735 a few weeks ago and have never owned one before. I made a planer sled and it worked out well. I...
  3. S

Picked up a DEWALT DW735 @ The Extravaganza today

Thanks to the guys at Klingspor for helping me out today. I've been trying to justify the 735 and the Klingspor deal included the Stand, extra blades and tables for the same price. (Free Stand) so I counted up my allowance, bit the bullet and did it. Buy once, cry once I suppose. I'm broke but I...
  4. S

Router questions

Getting back into woodworking after a decade or so hiatus. I have an old Craftsman router and I've hated that thing since day 1. So I'm starting to think about my router setup. Honestly, I don't really find myself needing/using a router very often. I'm sure that will change soon. I am planning...
  5. S

Band saw circle jig

I finally made one of these today. Works like a charm. Obligatory Fat boy pic. 100 lbs of psycho. Yes the shop is trashed. Future project is a barn, lean to, something to store the lawn tractor, kayaks, etc.
  6. S

Old Raleigh Rd. Cary

i wasn't sure where to post this. There is a woodworker on Old Raleigh Road in Cary NC. He wouldn't happen to be a member here would he?
  7. S

Process question/opinion

How would you.... I have a part to cut out on the band saw. I want two parts as I'm building two at the same time. I have my pattern stuck to a piece of stock ready to cut. My stock is twice as thick as I need so I can get both parts out of the one piece. Do I resaw the stock and cut each...
  8. S

Received my Grizzly G0555LANV

I contacted UPS freight and told them I would pick it up from the warehouse vs. them delivering it to my residence. I took a lunch break and picked it up in my wife's little Rav4 and I am kind of glad I did since it was a monsoon on my way home today. The bandsaw box has some pretty good...
  9. S

Plane restoration

Ok, so I have a few hand me down planes that I have had 20+ years and never used. I believe the majority of them were my grandfathers. ####, I can't even seem to locate them all but there are here somewhere. I currently have a bench plane that I tore apart and started working on the blade. It...
  10. S

New member from the Fuquay area.

I'm not too sure what to say exactly but in short, I am getting back into woodworking after a long hiatus. Life got in the way as did money. I've started collecting replacement tools as I can afford them. Half of what I do have were small, cheap and dying. I picked up a Ridged r4512 that I'm...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors