Search results

1. M

Ready to finish

Got all the parts made. Had a small slab of walnut and figured it would do as a low coffee table. Not the prettiest piece and lots of worm holes and saw marks. I left a lot of that visible - I can always remove it if I don’t like it after I put a few coats of waterlox on it… I wanted to do legs...
  2. M

Corp membership intro

Same as Sabertoothbunny…. Been here a while and I think this is all I have left to do to be a corp member….
  3. M

First.bowl.ever

Playing with the lathe and trying things with scraps. Had a block of glued up red oak and figured I would try a little bowl…..had a couple catches so this definitely looks ”hand crafted” ahem….. but it was fun… not sure what I will finish this with, but thinking some kind of wax…..it’s little...
  4. M

It's that time of year......

We're having Thanksgiving tomorrow so I spent today on the lathe..... I don't turn a lot so it was great to practice and I figure my granddaughters will paint these up..... had a couple catches so as you can see one of my Christmas trees became a mushroom..... it will fit in with the fairies and...
  5. M

Thanks Charlie

Visited Charlie this morning for his primer on segmented turning. My brain still hurts a little but learned a ton and am so grateful we have members like Charlie that are super talented and willing to teach..... So many takeaways but the "sand in the paint can" clamp was brilliant... thanks...
  6. M

Latest game board

Just finished this one (was supposed to be a table leaf but that didn't work out...) So instead I put parcheesi on one side and a checkerboard on the other. Since I had no idea what to bring to Klingspor this Saturday - well now I do..... There is a plywood center to keep the movement down..
  7. M

Hobby Lobby displays $1.00

I was being nice today and took Miss Terry to hobby lobby up in Cary/morrisville.... Not my favorite thing to do but makes her happy..... anyway we walk out the door and just outside they are selling display fixtures for a buck. I wanted to make a larger extension for my tablesaw and was pricing...
  8. M

HTC unisaw mobile base

This came from Touchwoods unisaw, and it works just fine. You can see some wear in the wheels but it rolls smooth and turns easily. Make a $20 donation to the club and it's yours.
  9. M

Sold - Delta contractor saw $400. Apex NC

Bought this new in 1998, has been a great saw but I upgraded and don't have room to keep it. It's in great shape and has been cared for. Unifence, router plate in the 30" table extension. PALS, Delta mobile base, extra inserts, all the original bits and dodads. Setup for 120 but can be...
  10. M

New to me unisaw

I picked up Touchwoods unisaw today - thanks Donn, Doug, and Dan..... there is a puzzle and thought maybe the group would know .. the saw has both a male, and female plug coming out of the swtchbox. The male one I know what to do with but I don't know the purpose of the female.... my guess is...
  11. M

Moving a unisaw

How to move a unisaw? I have done some reading and it seems like the way to do this is to flip it upside down in the back of my pickup. If I do that - do I still need to worry about damaging the Trunion- and if so, how can I avoid that? I have never been inside one of these saws so am a little...
  12. M

Anyone need either of these? GONE

Free to a good home. I haven't used the dowel jig in years and the shop vac is pretty old and kinda loud, but works, and has a newish filter. I can bring to the picnic tomorrow.
  13. M

Hansel & Gretel table

She asked for a small table and the idea was that it would look like something in a tale like Hansel and Gretel.... or any of the Grimm fairly tales... First time turning legs, and first time setting the legs at an angle.... Would have liked to see some carvings or some sort of design on the...
  14. M

Barnwood - first time and probably my last -update finished!

My neighbor had an old barn on a family property. It has a lot of sentimental value to him, and he asked me to make a table out of it...... couldn't say no...... but is accustomed to working with flat, square stock...and this ain't..... So there is a lot of bug eaten stock here and after getting...
  15. M

Another little cherry table.....

I just love the looks of the simple cherry table.... Had a tough time with the finish on the top. I thinned some poly and put a few coats on (satin) but it kept leaving lines when it dried... When I tried to level them, 0000 steel wool, then 2000 grit paper, made it cloudy... finally I took a...
  16. M

Just a little table....

Years ago my wife did this: Yes, it's a popcorn tin with a glass top. She found this on Pinterest or etsy: So I had my project.... First get approval: Sorry didn't figure out how to rotate that... I like poplar for painted pieces Making circles Adding a lip Circles, more...
  17. M

Little table

My wife is in our church prayer group, and they wanted a small table, so I was volunteered....I had some cherry - not particularly clear but useable - so I made this one along the lines of Paul Sellers. It was a fun little build. I did not have the correct router bit to do the profile my wife...
  18. M

Grizzly G0490X motor trouble- update - Phil solved it!

Figure I should update this in case anyone has the same trouble. Phil came over a couple weeks ago and within a couple of minutes found a couple of loose wires at the bottom of the mag switch. Reconnected them and up and running.... my shop is small and I have to move this every time I use it...
  19. M

Coffee table almost done

Just one more swipe with the finish and attach the top, but this is what the final table looks like. First time working with epoxy and first time doing butterflys and angled m&t - the base is wider at the floor but the pics don't show it very well. I left a few saw marks, some worm holes and...
  20. M

Epoxy question

So I have been playing with a piece of walnut, and wanted to try filling the split with epoxy. Is my first time using epoxy, and fitting butterflies... I want the epoxy to be glossy once this is finished and I have sanded it (just the epoxy part) to 2,000 grit.... it is still hazy so on the far...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS