Search results

1. R

What Species is this?

Thank all of you for your responses. I really like the wood and was just curious as to what it was. I had never seen RO like that. I did not doubt Kyle when he said it was RO, but it was so dirty and discolored that I thought he may have made a mistake. It was my mistake. Sorry.
  2. R

What Species is this?

I bought this lumber from a local sawyer about 2 years ago and he said it was QS RO. I was so dirty that I was not able to tell what it looked like, but after I planed it, I knew it was not RO. I like it and would like to know if anyone knows what it is. It is the darker of the 2 boards in the...
  3. Oak?

Oak?

4. Oak?

Oak?

5. R

Jet XACTA Table Saw

I have been shopping for a new table saw and pretty well narrowed it down to the Grizzly 1023 or the Steel City 35610. Now, Woodcraft has a sale on Saturday only with 10% off Jet and Powermatic, plus there is a $100 rebate from Jet. I can get the Jet XACTA with 50" fence rails for about the...
  6. R

Sanding Sealer

I sometimes use a grain filler on red oak if the piece needs a smooth surface. I have tried several brands with poor results, since most of the stains and finishes I use are water based, until I found a product called Timbermate, which is made in Australia. It stains as well as the wood and...
  7. Bedroom Suite: Dresser (partially done)

Bedroom Suite: Dresser (partially done)

8. Bedroom Suite: Chest

Bedroom Suite: Chest

9. Bedroom Suite: Chest

Bedroom Suite: Chest

Chest of red oak, stained, and finished w/poly
  10. R

Sears 12" Band Saw

Yes, that is the saw. Model BAS300. Even if I went to the BAS350 (14"), it would still be cheaper than the Delta and have a 1hp motor.
  11. R

Sears 12" Band Saw

I am in the market for a new band saw and have been comparing the Delta 14" and the Sears 12". Other than wheel diameter, the saws are very similar except the Sears includes a fence, work light, and has a 7" resaw capacity. The Sears is $299 and the Delta is $379, but by the time you add a...
  12. R

Opinion of Dovetail Jig

I bought a PC 4212 about a month ago and have cut about half a dozen dovetails. It is easy to set up and creates very accurate dovetails. Adjusting the template requires a little trial and error. My first joint was too tight, so I moved the template back about a 32nd and the joint fit...
  13. R

Melamine Board

Thanks
  14. R

Melamine Board

Does anyone know where I might find melamine coated MDF in the Charlotte area? Lowes and HD do not have it. Thanks.
  15. R

Hello to everyone!

I used standard hinges and have had no problem. When I get a chance, I will try to post a picture of them.
  16. R

Hello to everyone!

My name is Roy and I live in Mount Holly. I am originally from the Asheville area and moved here about 17 years ago. I currently am a mainframe systems programmer, but I plan to retire in 2-3 years and devote more time to my hobbies. Woodworking is a hobby that I have been doing for a long...
  17. R

wood filler

You can also find it at: http://woodworker.com

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS