Search results

1. dazart

Anchor type for pantry shelves?

Those were anchors from the metal ones - not in studs.
  2. dazart

Anchor type for pantry shelves?

I'm attempting to replace the metal wire shelves in our pantry with wood ones. I'm using 2x2's against the walls but on the other 2 sides to the main one I can't find any studs. I found some toggle bolt anchors to use but after I got home and read how to use them it says to only use with...
  3. dazart

Frame for 42x64'ish mirror?

I have a builder grade mirror from when we bought the house and I was thinking of building a frame for it. I initially thought I'd just think of it like a big picture frame but then I started wondering if I need to take into consideration the weight of the mirror. It's not quite like a picture...
  4. dazart

Corner china cabinets

Free standing. Here's a picture of our dining room (ignore the laundry :)). It's a little dark but she wants a corner cabinet in each corner next to the window. Looking at that picture it doesn't seem like there's a lot of room between the window and the corner. I may have to take a look...
  5. dining_room.jpg

dining_room.jpg

6. dazart

Miter saw station.

I'm more of a function over form person and don't normally care about what things look like. The wall does the job. :) My wife says I should paint it, so I might have to. :)
  7. dazart

Corner china cabinets

Found the one from Norm. Just watching the video helped. May order his plans to give him some coin and then just modify it to my needs. I'll check out the book too. Thanks!
  8. dazart

Miter saw station.

While being stuck at home I decided to start working on a miter station for my empty garage. It probably would have taken a lot longer than it did if I wasn't stuck at home. I used The Wood Whisperer's plans and his videos and I really enjoyed doing it and learned a lot. I made a few mistakes...
  9. Miter Station - full

Miter Station - full

10. Miter Station - drawers

Miter Station - drawers

11. Miter Station - cabinets

Miter Station - cabinets

12. dazart

Corner china cabinets

My wife would like me to make corner china cabinets in our dining room. She's given me a link to what she's looking for - Pintrest link for corner cabinet I'm trying to find some plans or directions or some video that goes over how you do them so I can get an idea on how to start, things to...
  13. dazart

Looking for ideas

My niece is pregnant and I thought it'd be cool to make something, but I'm not sure what to make. I consider myself a novice/intermediate skill level, so if anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks!
  14. dazart

Cedar for raised garden beds (near N Raleigh)

Jeff - what's that picture from?
  15. dazart

New from Huntersville / Charlotte

Nice work. I'm in Huntersville also and probably started around the same time. Just a lot more timid on what I've taken on so far. :)
  16. dazart

Easy question for dust collection

That'd be nice. I live in the suburbs with a small yard with one baby tree in the front and one baby tree in the back. :)
  17. dazart

Easy question for dust collection

I bought the Central Machinery dust collector from Harbor Freight a little while ago and it's been a huge upgrade from my shop vac. I've seen lots of videos on how to improve it like making it a 2 cycle, upgrading the top filter, etc. Those are all things I'd like to do in the future. Anyhow...
  18. Paulk compact workbench 1

Paulk compact workbench 1

19. Paulk compact workbench 2

Paulk compact workbench 2

20. dazart

Beginner question - screws to use?

The plans do call for using leveling feet, so I think those would be touching the ground and not the plywood, but I wouldn't have thought of that. I found a picture that shows the front from a build someone else did. It looks like it's not touching the ground.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS