Search results

1. Bear Republic

Estate sale in Charlotte

Large number of woodworking tools are being auctioned off from an estate. Saw stop, DeWalt planer, jointer, routers. Take a look, great opportunity for those in the West. https://ctbids.com/estate-sale/26066
  2. Bear Republic

WTB Crystal Door knobs

Looking for some sources for crystal door knobs. Would like options other than Amazon Thanks
  3. Bear Republic

New probable addition to the shop!

Saw this and had me thinking about it for my lemonade! It's a hand free assistant for your beverage when your gluing up or staining your work. https://www.facebook.com/reel/646899983747024?mibextid=9drbnH&s=yWDuG2&fs=e Hands free option
  4. Bear Republic

Shop workflow and machine placement

Johnathan Katz-Moses has sone good info for shop layout. He also created a scale paper layout guide with clearances so you can cut them out and see what works for your space. Nice free tool. He covers some other tips in the video below.
  5. Bear Republic

RIDGID12 in. Dual Bevel Sliding Miter Saw

Anyone have experience with the RIDGID12 in. Dual Bevel Sliding Miter Saw Model# R4251 Home depot had it at a sweet price. The review's have the extension arm being a little flexible and inaccurate. Its low profile and had a large cross cut capability are plusses. I have been keeping an...
  6. Bear Republic

DeWalt 24" shop fan @ Costco

Costco has the DeWalt 24" fan on sale. Normally $150, down to $99.
  7. Bear Republic

Shopvac muffler experience?

Anyone used one of these on their shopvac? Wondering the effectiveness and impact on the airflow? Thanks!
  8. Bear Republic

Laguna Fusion table saw -$900 in Cary (GONE)

Looks like a good deal, not mine, no connection. Lugana Fusion Table Saw - tools - by owner - sale
  9. Bear Republic

Redoing Kitchen Table

Need to resurface my kitchen table. I think I would call it french country. From the looks, I'd say it's wormy maple. Not sure if the worm holes are real or just destressing. It's been distressed on the edges with something dark brown or black. So my question.... I would like to...
  10. Bear Republic

Baltic Birch 18mm in Durham

Saw a post in FB Marketplace for some Baltic Birch Ply if anyone is interested. 5’x5’ $30 per sheets, Baltic Birch 18mm(3/4”) B/BB https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2150056561795861/
  11. Bear Republic

Looking for my first lathe

I'm looking to finally get into turning. I'm keeping my eyes out for Lathes but I figured if anyone had one collecting dust or looking to upgrade, I'd ask here also. I would like something in the following requirements: $300-800 range Open to mini/midi lathes and full size, I may go small at...
  12. Bear Republic

Spalted maple

Is there a way to stop the spalting process on some maple? I've most likely have some spalted maple to mill from some logs. Does it just continue to degrade? Looking for some education. Thanks in advance.
  13. Bear Republic

Dining room chairs

Does anyone have a wholesale source for unfinished dining room chairs? Looking at building some tables and don't want to take the time to build the chairs also.
  14. Bear Republic

Klingspor's having a virtual Woodworking Extravaganza!!!

I thought I missed the memo but searched the site and didn't see anything about it so I don't feel too bad about not knowing..... Luckily I saw a banner at the top of the page and scratched my head for a second until I saw the word "Virtual". Congrats Coleman, @woodworkingshop.com on...
  15. Bear Republic

Laguna Revo 18-36 220v -> 110v?

Anyone know if the Laguna Revo 18-36 220v 2hp version can be rewired to run on 110v? Looking at a used one but don't have be 220v at the moment but most likely will down the road. Also anyone that has a 18-36, how do you like it, best feature, pros & cons. Thanks in advance!
  16. Bear Republic

Popular Woodworking - Interviews from all 50 states.

Popular Woodworking has an interview series going on where they interview a woodworker from each of the States. Interview with Peter Griffin of Ohio
  17. Bear Republic

Johnny Walker new "Bottle"

Johnny Walker Whisky now has a "wooden bottle". In an effort to be more "green", they have developed a paper pulp formed bottle. Interesting idea, but the new paper straws aren't worth a darn.... Does that mean you need to drink it faster? would be a win win at least with a good whisky. ;)
  18. Bear Republic

Katz-Moses Shop Apron

Jonathon of Katz-Moses Woodworking has developed for production his apron. He's offering a good deal on it at regular price but with the launch it has a special ($37.99)for the launch along with some drawings. It's got some great features, and quality to match all that he does. An there's...
  19. Bear Republic

Lost Art Press "The Anarchist's Workbench"

The Lost Art Press has produced another book in their Anarchist's series. Christopher Schwarz wrote this one on building a workbench. It's being printed and will be available in August($27), but if you want an electronic copy you can download it now for FREE!!!! Just jump on the link below...
  20. Bear Republic

Must be more too the story

Was looking through Facebook marketplace and came upon this saw needing to be rehomed... But there must be more to the story .

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS