Search results

1. Craig C

Selling my Powermatic P-50 6" Jointer---SOLD

Selling my Powermatic P 50 jointer. Need to make space in my small shop and just don't use it that much any more. I had it wired for 220 but rewired it back to 110 to sell. Comes with a spare set of sharpened blades, as well as my ugly but effective shop-made mobile base. Am located in Oak...
  2. Craig C

New user from Indiana.

Good to see another Hoosier!
  3. Craig C

Selling my jointer, should I rewire back to 110?

Thanks guys. Great advice from all. Craig
  4. Craig C

Selling my jointer, should I rewire back to 110?

Interested in your thoughts--I am selling my Powermatic 50 6-inch jointer to make some room in my small shop. I rebuilt it from the ground up when I bought it and rewired the motor to 220. Before I list it for sale, should I re-wire it back to 110? I have already moved the jointer out of my...
  5. Craig C

Anyone had this issue before?

You're a nice guy for helping your neighbor. I have used dyed epoxy a lot of red oak projects--most recently a big dining table with tons of cracks and knots that I filled. I switched from liquid to powder-based tints and have not had nearly as much bleeding.
  6. Craig C

Dining table finish?

Good suggestions already offered. Here is a Norway maple napkin holder on white oak table. Both used black epoxy to fill worm holes and knots.
  7. Craig C

new memeber

Welcome Rob! I lived in Burlington VT for a couple years. Loved it up there.
  8. Craig C

Sawstop overarm dust collection assembly for sale

Selling my Sawstop overarm dust collection assembly. Brand new in unopened box. I don't cut large sheet goods so I connected my blade guard directly to my vac. Don't need the overarm. Asking $150. ($289 at Rockler). Pick up in or near Greensboro. PM me with any questions. Thanks Craig
  9. Craig C

Thomas Moser furniture shop tour

Saw that video Bill. Very cool. If you're ever in Greensboro with extra time, the Guilford College Library main reading room is full of Moser tables and continuous arm chairs. Impressive
  10. Craig C

How to write on top of Anchorseal?

Hi Folks, I need to mark on the ends of boards I have sealed with Anchorseal. Nothing I have found "sticks", or it doesn't look legible. Have you found something that works for you?
  11. Craig C

3M Xtract Cubitron II Net Disc, 5 in, Pack of 50, $18.97 (Amazon Prime Day sale) ENDED

Thanks. Just placed my order. That should hold me until, forever...
  12. Craig C

Semi cured epoxy

Had that happen last week. Pouring to fill a crack. Used weather stripping tape to seal bottom then poured from top. Top cured fine but when I removed the tape a couple days later, the part in contact with the tape was sticky and gummy. Let it sit for 5 more days but didn't help. Used heat...
  13. Craig C

Large Oak Trees

Just picked up some cherry slabs that Scott Smith dried for me. Good guy and reasonable prices.
  14. Craig C

Table Saw Tenoning Jig

Have one of the cast iron Delta kind. Picked it up from a yard sale. Have never used it. No feedback on its effectivess but can tell you if you accidentally bang your toes into it, it hurts
  15. Craig C

Wanted:Used Dewalt 735x Planer

Saw this on FB marketplace today. Looks like bear Greensboro airport https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2025344934287447/
  16. Craig C

Soul of a New Machine

Tracy Kidder reference!
  17. Craig C

Work in progress shop

Space envy!!!!!
  18. Craig C

Where is the best place to buy cherry in NC?

Have bought from Steve Wall and GPS. Both are reputable, good to work, with and carry good quality lumber. Can't make a bad choice between those two.
  19. Craig C

Plywood

It's not close to you, but I have had excellent luck with the veneer-faced and BB plywood I buy from Wall Lumber in Mayodan.
  20. Craig C

Carver's riffler rasp set of 8, made in Italy by Corradi. Never used

Set of eight. These are high-end Corradi rasps. They have never been used. Retail for $210 new on Amazon and Woodcraft. Corradi - Riffler Rasps, Set of 8 (A-H) Includes flat taper, flat, oval, triangle, square, round, half round, and knife. 7 1/2". Asking $150, will ship free. PM me if...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS